Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Should I call the pedi?

DD broke out in a rash last night. I wasn't too worried because she didn't have a fever and acted fine otherwise. It looked a little better today so I didn't call the pedi. Now this evening since she got in the bathtub the red spots look even more red and it looks like there are more of them. She still doesn't act like she's feeling bad or like she itches or anything. Would you call the doctor?  Last time she had a rash and I called they didn't seem too concerned. I don't really know what to do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Should I call the pedi?

• Options
    DD did the same thing and we took her because it seemed the rash got better, then worse, like you said. They told us it was an allergic reaction and it would run it's course and be gone, didn't give us anything. I added a little baking soda to her bath water and let her be naked a lot (they said heat would make it worse). Sure enough after about a week or so it cleared up totally.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageCARunner:

Where are they at?  What do they look like?  Has she eaten anything new? New soaps or anything?  Any chance a pet could have fleas?

Just trying to think where it could be coming from.  Last time she had a rash what caused it?

Generally a rash isn't that big of a deal, depending on the details.  

I would not call a doctor about a rash when my child was acting normal and didnt seem uncomfortable.  If he had a history or rashes or allergies and I knew it could be a problem then I would.

You really aren't providing enough info.

They are just little red spots on her legs, arms, belly, back, and her diaper area. She had blistery looking clusters of red spots in her diaper area and today they look like they're open an drying up which she has never had before. She hasn't had any new foods and we don't have any animals. I did start using a new shampoo a few days ago, so I don't know if that could be it or not. I used it the first night and she didn't have a rash the next day. After the second use was when I noticed it. Some of the bumps feel raised.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would definitely call the pedi. It may be an allergic reaction to something or maybe even a type of diaper or yeast rash. In the meantime maybe put some cortizone on it if you have some at home.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"