Parenting after 35

I was called out by a half-wit on another board

I said the Baby On Board signs piss me off and some chick said I need to seek anger management.

I didn't when I responding to the OP, but I kind of feel like I need some anger management help now after I got a Hmm and a dis from some bitchy internet stranger. 

Grrrr.... 

Re: I was called out by a half-wit on another board

• Stupid internet strangers casting aspersions on you!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • What?!  The nerve of that chick!  Why, I oughtta....

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerobynlesley:

Stupid internet strangers casting aspersions on you!

IndeedWink

Oh, and she responded to my response. I am never, ever involved in Bump drama. I'm not used to checking on a post more than once to see if somebody said something mean to me :(

And a paraphrased recap:

OP: "Aggressive drivers are probably extra careful around cars with those signs."

Me: "Nope, they just piss me off." Which, in retrospect, could imply that I was saying I am an aggressive driver.

Judgy cow: "You have anger management issues Hmm"

Me: "1st time I've ever said this on TB, but you don't know me.  I find those signs a smug way to say, "look at meeeee. I have a babyyyy."

Judgy cow: " ::highlighted 'you don't know me':: You're right, but you're an aggressive driver who gets mad at signs - I'll pass."

Soooo... drama. I think I'll have to not go back to that post. I can't believe I'm already this, um, involved? Bothered? 

• You are 17 weeks pregnant.  You are allowed to be as pissy as you want to be.  Judgy Cow.  Where is she, let us old cranky b!tches at her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FWIW, I hate those signs too. I also hate the "show dogs" on board stickers/magnets too. 

"Ooooh, ok because you have a baby or a show dog, I won't ram my car into you. If you're anyone else - watch out!" 

Silliness.  

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Stever.. my future honor roll student of the week will kick your future honor roll student of the week in the shins.  So nyayayayaya!

JK, of course!

Hate those signs, too.  So 1980s.

And if it helps, on the Baby Names board, I once said I would get "stabby" if some kid said Charlie had a girl's name (in light of the 1,000,000 women there who LURRRV the name Charlie for a girl).   Some hag there told me I had issues and was overreacting.  Geez.. it's a joke, people.  I'm not really going to stab someone.. until now.

• Eh, tough to understand tone on the internet so probably thought she was being all tough.  And getting to a back and forth with someone who decides exactly how you are from one comment -- well, I'd let it go.  There are better things to do with your few seconds like file nails, hum aimlessly, watch dust motes in the air...

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Thanks ladies!

And yeah, it wasn't that OP that bugged. Sure, I can't stand those signs, but to each her own.

It was being called a crazy, sign hating, demolition derby driver that really bothered me.

There have been other comments on that thread, one of them probably by her, but I haven't been back . I like it here, where we all like what we like, don't like what we don't like, and are cool with everybody having differing opinions.

• I would have gone back there just to poke her with a stick. But I'm in the mood to deliberately poke someone to get them riled for my own sh!tz and giggles. Those signs make me stabby. The world doesn't revolve around a single bsc egocentric driver, and the sign isn't the invisible equivalent of a 3 foot foam bumper around a car. It's also extremely naive to think that an aggressive, inattentive reckless driver, who already doesn't give 2 sh!tz will actually notice a baby on board sign, let alone care.

I say if you're bored, we can go back and play. Or not. I'm tired. 

• I drove by a car with one of these signs in it, and both adults in the front were smoking cigarettes. Really, I am supposed to be so careful with my car around your baby on board, but you can't stop smoking? I hate these signs. 
  • I'll take it a step further. 

I figure that if you are swerving and must choose between hitting one of two cars, you are better off hitting the car with the sign. Anyone anal enough to have such a sign will have said kiddo restrained properly in the car along with up-to-date car insurance. The car without a sign is a wild card and you could hurt a kiddo in there whose negligent parents might not have the harness appropriately fastened.

• imageBostonGayGal:

I'll take it a step further. 

I figure that if you are swerving and must choose between hitting one of two cars, you are better off hitting the car with the sign. Anyone anal enough to have such a sign will have said kiddo restrained properly in the car along with up-to-date car insurance. The car without a sign is a wild card and you could hurt a kiddo in there whose negligent parents might not have the harness appropriately fastened.

::snicker:: I like that train of thought. Maybe the sign engages force fields, and not invisible foam bumpers like I thought.

• I think the people those signs are most likely now directed at are too busy texting (or doing anything else that takes their attention away from the road) to see the signs.

So those signs are back? Does this mean the Seymour Buttz dolls are making a comeback, too?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • After 4 hours sleep I am ready to pick a fight with someone.  Let me at her.

• Sounds like Judgy Cow is still upset that somebody dropped a house on her sister....
    If you don't believe in miracles....perhaps you've forgotten that you ARE one!!!
  • Any signs on any vehicles annoy me.  Be it baby on board signs, stick figure families, UofM bumper stickers, etc.  Signs on cars aren't going to make me any less aggressive if you're an idiot behind the wheel.
  • imageSugarChick10:

I think the people those signs are most likely now directed at are too busy texting (or doing anything else that takes their attention away from the road) to see the signs.

So those signs are back? Does this mean the Seymour Buttz dolls are making a comeback, too?

Stick out tongue Bwahahaha! K - let's all grab our pitchforks and torches! Anyone else ready to rumble? And I love the Oz reference!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"