Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

My ideas for storage keep going out the window

First I bought baskets to put underneath the crib. Did this without paying attention to how low the crib is. So I went to Michael's & bought 3 cute baskets since they're having their 50% off baskets sale. Well, you can't fit anything underneath that crib because it's so low. So I took them back.

Then tonight I decided to put up the over-the-door hanging nursery organizer I bought from Burlington. Well, the closets sucks - there's zero room between the door & the frame. So I'm gonna have to take that back. Oh my goodness.

And we have no floor space left, especially if we put either my mom's rocking chair or DH's grandma's glider in the room. (We already have a recliner in there.) And I really don't want anything that just sits in the middle of the room! For storage we have a 6 drawer dresser & the munchkin baby care cart.  

Ugh. Any ideas? 

Re: My ideas for storage keep going out the window

• Options
    have you maximized your closet storage?  We are putting in a closetmaid storage system, they sell them at HD
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • Options

Put shelves up above windows and doorways and place cute baskets up there...like this...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We can't use the closet. In order to we'd pretty much have to gut the entire thing & redo it. Don't have the money to do that right now! Anything we put in there is covered in dust & yukyness. So we can't put anything baby related in there. 

Will have to look into some good sized shelves. And see what DH thinks. Thanks! 

• Options

Could you put the over the door organizer on the back of the nursery door instead of the closet door?  I have a shoe organizer on the back of mine for little things and random odds and ends.  My door wont shut either with it so a friend made me a little door muff you tie to both handles and it helps the door stay shut.  I also got lack shelves from ikea for $15 and hung them up high for more storage. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD's room doesn't have a closet.  Instead, we put a bookcase in there with baskets for storage on the bottom couple shelves.  Then we also hung an over the door shoe bag that has thin hooks on the back of the door - I think I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond.  I use that for small stuff like socks, hair bows, etc.  Under the crib I have an under-the-bed-storage tub for larger sized clothing that I don't have room in the dresser for.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagefirefIy:

Could you put the over the door organizer on the back of the nursery door instead of the closet door?  I have a shoe organizer on the back of mine for little things and random odds and ends.  My door wont shut either with it so a friend made me a little door muff you tie to both handles and it helps the door stay shut.  I also got lack shelves from ikea for $15 and hung them up high for more storage. 

The nursery doesn't have an actual door. 

I've thought about buying one of those plastic 3 drawer carts from walmart. But I'm worried LO might pull it onto herself once she's older. Anyone use these with kids? I might be able to cram one of those in.

• Options
    What are you trying to store?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well so far clothes, blankets, diapers, etc. She doesn't really have any toys or anything yet. 
  • Options
    We live in a small apt and needed LO's room to serve as double duty (nursery and tons of hidden storage.) We got the Ikea Expedit shelf and some milk crates that work perfect for storing things in. I bought under-bed storage boxes, but ran into the same problem, that the crib was too low! We still ended up using them since we could easily lift the crib the slide them in and out (we keep non-everyday items in them)
  • Options
    i agree with everyone on the shelves and basket thing.  We put up a shelf that is really high all around the entire room for plush toys, baskets, books, etc.  Or you can put shelves going up a wall and/or over the windows/doors.  if you have space in your closet you can get one of those cube shelves things from target and put square baskets in that. not sure just how low your cribs are, but ive seen rubbermaid type bins at lowes that are only about 3'in deep.  it might be good to store all the small misc. things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"