November 2011 Moms
Options

Shots/sick/or something else entirely?

LO had 4 month shots yesterday. His 2 month shots he was back to normal the day after. Today, he still had a low appetite, was really fidgety while I tried to BF him, had a low fever (99.1), spit up more than usual when he ate, and had 4 super poopy diapers. He still refused all but one of his naps (a never-ending battle recently) and was happy to play around a little bit. I am wondering if it's still just the shots or if he is coming down with something. Or maybe it's something I'm eating that is upsetting his tummy? I haven't changed anything in my diet and we've never had this problem before. Maybe it's not even a problem and I'm being a paranoid FTM. 
Because you're mine, I walk the line....
Landry Mark: 11/5/11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Shots/sick/or something else entirely?

• Options
    I'd assume it's the shots.  If it lasts more than a day or 2 or the fever gets really high and you can't get it down, I'd call the pedi

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I vote shots. DD had the extra poopy diapers after her 2 month ones for almost a week. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesmilelari:
    I'd assume it's the shots.  If it lasts more than a day or 2 or the fever gets really high and you can't get it down, I'd call the pedi

This. Mine was out-of-sorts for a whole week. But he didn't have a fever. Your pedi office should have given you a handout of info about the shots he received. On it will list the known reactions with the shots given. If you don't have that, you can go to the CDC's website to find out what to look for. GL, I hope he's back to his old self soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't be worried. The fever is within normal range (according to my pedi) and one of the shots specifically can cause a diminished appetite - can't remember which one off the top of my head. DD had a poor appetite for a day and a half after her two month shots and then she was back to normal.
    DD born 11/20/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"