Upstate NY Babies

Melissa

You have an infant bath seat that goes right in the tub right? Which one is it? How old was N before you started bathing her with E? Both my kids love baths and with going back to work I have less nights to do baths (since dh doesn't). I figure it would be easier if I can do them together instead of separate nights bc otherwise each kid will only be bathed like once or twice a week.

Re: Melissa

• duh. you asked me this a while back and I totally spaced on answering.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HGIDXI/ref=asc_df_B005HGIDXI1918297?smid=A2E19FQFPK9VWT&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395129&creativeASIN=B005HGIDXI

I know I bought the seat in september.. so Nat was probably 3 months old when we started using it? probably could have used it sooner even.

She is now at the stage where she tries to roll off the seat, so I should probably find some other solution. I don't trust her to not tip over if i just sat her in the tub..  I don't know if one of the bath ring type things would be good or not?

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Thanks! It doesnt suction to the tub does it?

We had a bath ring from BBB for Ellie that I returned bc my tub is textured and won't suction on the bottom. I think I had to bathe her in the kitchen sink for a month or so during the transition until she could sit good.

• Loading the player...
  • No it doesn't suction.. And wouldn't you know it, a half hour after i typed this natalie rolled out of the darn seat! I don't know what i'm gonna do!
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • This is how we did the sink until she was stable enough to sit in the tub without tipping.  I just draped a towel in there so she didn't slip.

And omg she looks so different now!

• Sorry butting in - do you have a tub like this? We bathed Evan in it until he was at least a year. You can put it in your sink too.

As to bathing them together - we tried the Bumbo and it worked ok...but like that bath seat Melissa has (we we used once, I never felt safe using it because Leah would scooch down super far) if you fill the water up too high it floats..so I didn't like it that much.

Until Leah could sit VERY well in water..If DH wasn't around I usually just did it at two different times because it was too much of a PIA otherwise. Or I would just alternate nights or something. But if he was around I would just hold Leah and let her play around while DH washed Evan.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2403667

• Yup that's what I use now - I put it on the kitchen sink and it is nice not to bend. But when I go back to work I will only be home 3-4 nights. Right now I bathe 1 kid a day so every other day baths aren't bad. But if I continue that then they only get baths once or twice a week. So I was hoping to stick them in together. 

Are you saying to bumbo or the seat Melissa posted floats? Isn't the bumbo hard to was their bottom? That was another thing I didn't like about the bath ring when I tried it with Ellie.

• The bumbo floats. The summer seat definitely does not float.

I do think I'm gonna have to go back to separate baths for the girls for a bit.. which, like you, is difficult with me working nights. DH or MIL will bathe Eve, but I don't think either one feels comfortable bathing Natalie.

The infant bathtub we have sucks. Both of my girls constantly tried to throw themselves out of it. I do sometimes put the summer bathseat thing in the sink which works OK, except Natalie is constantly trying to grab the faucet and I'm afraid she's going to turn hot water on herself.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • I also gave up on only bathing them at night. I'd do it while one is napping, in the morning, etc.
  • WaLmart had it when I dropped off my dr note today so I picked one up. Worse comes to worse I can easily return it. I got some of the hair bands in the other post.

Also as I was leaving saw a care bears shirt with all the st party's day stuff and thought of eve 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"