Working Moms
Options

stressing- how long from final interview to formal offer?

I had my final interview last wed with a company- it seemed like a done deal, for example, they were telling me about the great maternity care through their insurance, we talked start dates (about 3-4 weeks- SOON), pay, they raved about my project and asked if I had any experience hiring people-b/c I would be involved in hiring the rest of the team. they asked for references, which I gave to them thursday morning. I asked to have until monday prior to calling one ( the others I said anytime was fine) of them because it is my current boss and I wanted to speak to her personally first- she had no idea I was looking for anything.

I thought I'd have a formal email offer by now....I'm freaking out. when do you think it is reasonable to expect one by? and how to follow up?

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: stressing- how long from final interview to formal offer?

• Options
    I think it's safe to follow up now by thanking them for their time and expressing your interest again. My current job took the better part of 2 weeks after my final interview and then a month for my actual start date, ugh. They were super busy and I think my "thank you" pushed them to get off their butts. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I definitely agree about the thank you. I sent each of my interviewers a letter via certified mail (to distinguish myself from the competition) and I think that really helped. It was probably a couple of weeks before I got the call but it was worth the wait! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It depends on the employer. I am a recruiting manager with a global consulting firm and it really takes us a long time to move forward with the offer approval process, etc...

I agree with previous posters and follow up by sending a thank you card. I think it's also safe to follow up directly with the recruiter via email. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"