New York Babies
Options

Dr's Zhanna Rutstein-Shulina and Amy Huang--anyone use them?

I have two upcoming consults with each of them and have found good reviews online, but I was wondering if anyone has used either of them as an OB and would recommend? I am in the very early stages right now and although I am interested in St. Luke's Birthing Center I'm not entirely sure if I will ultimately end up going for the natural route, but I do want a doctor that leans in that direction as I am trying to achieve the most minimally invasive birthing experience. 

I am really looking forward to my meetings, but not to the office staff--I've heard they are terrible and the woman I spoke with on the phone today sounded entirely uncaring and nonchalant.

Please let me know your thoughts on these doctors! Thanks so much. 

Re: Dr's Zhanna Rutstein-Shulina and Amy Huang--anyone use them?

• Options
    I am a patient of Dr. Shulina - just had my 36-week appointment last night, and we're hoping to deliver in the Birthing Center.  My husband and I are both really pleased with this doctor.  She's competent, supportive, patient, and gentle.  She makes us feel very comfortable and always answers all our questions.  We're very happy we chose this practice.  I feel I've been well taken care of!
    BabyFetus Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm planning on delivering at the birthing center as well! I am with Dr. Katrina Bradley.  So far only one appointment with her, but we love her.  I like this practice so far, from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both for your feedback!
  • Options
    I'm a patient of Dr. Shulina & have seen her for 3 appts so far (I'm about 18 wks).  She's been great and very friendly & engaged.  We're planning to use the birthing center at SLR, and it was difficult to find an OB that delivered there (not that I'm anti-midwife, but the ones I spoke to didn't use ultrasounds, & I knew I wanted a few sneak peeks of the bean over the 9 months).  Dr. Shulina has an MD, but her original degree was a DO (osteopathy), which I feel gives her a much more holistic approach.  She's the perfect mix of natural while still using technology.  I'm very happy with her and am staying even though the new office is further away from me now.
  • Options

I am a patient of Dr. Shulina and I have been very happy with her.  I am currently 10w3d and am planning on using the birthing center.

When I had some spotting in the 6th week, I called the 24 hour number at 7am.  One of the doctors on the staff called me back in under 2 minutes. I saw Dr. Shulina that morning with NO wait when I arrived. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having my first appointment with Dr. Shulina next week.  My best friend delivered with her last year and loved her.  Says it took a while to warm up to her though.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP 2/22/12. Lost my perfect little girl due to a subchorionic hematoma (probable vanishing twin) on 4/27/12. D/C 5/22/12. BFP 8/21/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"