Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

When to Try Again

I know that most doctors suggest, after a natural M/C, to wait until after your first period to try again. However, my doctor was very lax about that rule. And, I would like to get a little more information before deciding to TTC again. 

What have you heard about risks to pregnancies that occur right after a miscarriage? (I researched but many of the studies are largely inconclusive.) Just curious if your doctors mentioned specific risks to you? 

Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12

Re: When to Try Again

• Options
    I have specifically spoken to my doctor yet about ttc again. I am definitely going to wait a full cycle before trying again. I want to give my body a chance to heal.
    *BFP 11/3/07*J born 07/06/08*
    *BFP 10/15/11*CP 10/18/11*
    *BFP 2/1/12*EDD 10/14/12*natural M/C 2/24/12 7w*
    *BFP 5/2/12*E born 01/03/13 (her due date)
  • Options
    My Dr mentioned waitinga cycle or 2, to allow the uterus to fully heal and form a fresh lining. Your chances for a healthier pregnancy should increase after allowing your body a little time to recover. HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think it depends on how far a long you were and your body.  My Dr told me to wait one cycle, but she also said that the chances of having a miscarriage weren't increased since I had one, and that it was unlikely that I would have another one right after (I have had one haelthy pregnancy.)

I think all Dr's are different and have different opinions.  I have seen women on here who try and get pregnanat right away.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I was told I could TTC as soon as I was emotionally ready.  My OB told me that having a miscarriage doesn't lead to another.
  • Options
    imagemisternmiss:
    My Dr mentioned waitinga cycle or 2, to allow the uterus to fully heal and form a fresh lining. Your chances for a healthier pregnancy should increase after allowing your body a little time to recover. HTH
    This. My doctor advised me to wait two cycles, to allow the uterus lining to build back up to a healthy state. I really want to be pregnant, but I don't want to suffer another loss, so I plan on following her advice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageholly321:
    I was told I could TTC as soon as I was emotionally ready.  My OB told me that having a miscarriage doesn't lead to another.

This.

My Dr. was very "laxed" as well. She told me (at my f/u appt) that I healed very well and she "wouldnt mind" us trying again whenever we thought it was right. However, the goal is to wait one cycle (for us) to make it easier to date.

• Options
    Our doctor advised us to wait 2 months from the day of diagnosis of the miscarriage. So this will end up being 1 or 2 cycles, depending when AF shows up. She said that research shows there is a slightly higher chance of miscarriage if we try sooner than that. After 2 months, she said the risk of miscarriage goes back to normal. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    My dr was also lax about ttc. She suggested I wait one cycle for dating purposes, but not really for any other reason. I know how neurotic I am so I definitely want to wait 1 full cycle for dating purposes.
  • Options
    Oops forgot to add I had a d&c not a natural miscarriage sorry.
  • Options
    I was also told to wait a minimum of one cycle to allow the uterus to fully heal.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 11/13/11, Natural MC - 12/24/11 at 12 weeks
    BFP#2 - 10/2/12, Please be our rainbow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsLele:
    imagemisternmiss:
    This. My doctor advised me to wait two cycles, to allow the uterus lining to build back up to a healthy state. I really want to be pregnant, but I don't want to suffer another loss, so I plan on following her advice.

Same. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    We are not planning soon, but my new doctor told me to wait 2 years, especially because of my recent pregnancy. Good thing that they are telling you sooner.
    "A wedding is a day . . . A MARRIAGE IS A LIFETIME" --- What is LOVE? 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 (the real meaning of love) Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers EDD:09.13.12 m/c:02.19.12 @ 10w3d Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. I think we will wait till AF shows, and then give it another go.
    Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"