Preemies

Grey's Anatomy Episode

Did anyone see the Grey's Anatomy episode yesterday? While it was interesting to see them talk about and show a NICU, they had some false info; in particular they showed a board with NICU graduates where they had a picture, along with gestational age at birth and their birth weight.  Most of the bafbies on the board that I could read said the babies were born at 20 and 21 weeks, with th oldest baby being born at 26 weeks and weighing 3+ pounds. Doesn't seem too accurate to me, at least from my knowledge....

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Grey's Anatomy Episode

• Wow! That's awesome that you caught the inaccuracies. You would think that the advisors, whom I believe are doctors, would have given more accurate info. It's stuff like this that perpetuates the stereotype that preemies are simply tiny babies that grow up to be "normal"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not a dedicated Grey's Anatomy follower, but I think there was also a preemie birth story line (maybe related to the episode last night?).  Anyway, the whole thing was kind of crazy to me, and the baby was enormous.  I like bringing some attention to the NICU, but I wish it was more fact based, too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ugh! this season of grey's has been hard to watch because they keep doing preemie related story lines. DH and I were also talking about how unrealistic it was that all the babies on that board said like 20-23 weeks.
  • Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that there seems to be a lot of preemie storylines this year....didn't notice the dates on the board but was glad that they  tried to portray some of what preemie parents have to deal with
  • I did find it to be a bit off but you just never really know since every preemie is different. My son was almost 28 weeks but only weighed 15 ounces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"