Upstate NY Babies
Options

Anna's birth story

Well, what's done so far at least...

Around 8:35 I started thinking the contractions were getting to the point where I needed to pay attention to the time. Got the pool inflated around 9. Tried to put Paul to bed at 9:20, couldn't do it because the contractions had picked up a lot. Called the midwife to tell her to get ready around 9:45. Called her back saying leave now at 10, also called my doula then. My friend got here around 10:15 to take care of Paul who was still awake and climbing on me. Around 10:22 my body started pushing as Nick was starting to fill the tub with water. I told him to look because I was pretty sure the head was coming out, and sure enough he could see a full head of hair! One more small push and her head was out & he checked for the cord to make sure it wasn't wrapped around. 2 little pushes more and she came flying out into his arms. She let out a tiny cry right away and as Nick passed her into my arms he said "She's beautiful!" I could hear my friend & Paul screaming yipee a girl! at the bottom of the stairs. My midwife, her assistant, and my doula got here about 10 minutes after she was born. I have definitely had the range of births- hospital, home in the water & now home unassisted! 
Poor Charlie had been so excited to watch the birth but he fell asleep on our bed around 9:30 & we could not get him to wake up. He was ecstatic to meet her in the morning when he woke up though.

She is absolutely perfect. She is a super nurser (& pooper!). The boys adore her & want to hold & cuddle her all the time. She has her daddy wrapped around her finger already. And my husband is a total rock star. This is a guy that almost passed out watching the birth videos in our birthing class 4 years ago. He has come a long way! 

Photobucket
Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12

Re: Anna's birth story

• Options
    Wow!!!  Paul was minutes away from assisting as well!  I'm so impressed with you and Nick!  I was wondering if the kids were awake during it or not.  My cousin had her last 2 at home, but lucked out with it being in the middle of the night so her older kids were asleep.
  • Options
    wow!  what a great (fast) story!  Congrats again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So so so awesome. If that story had happened to anyone else I would be like freaking out but you and nick are such pros.. :) i am glad everything went so well for you!
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Ps. I am currently sitting next to the same blanket that is iin your siggy. :)
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Wow, what an awesome story! You are amazing and make it look so easy!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh.. and good thing you did have a planned homebirth. If you'd tried to make it to the hospital you'd have had that baby in the car!
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Incredible!!!  Wow, truly amazing!
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    crazy story! congrats again she's beautiful and now you get to buy pink sabres stuff!!!
  • Options
    Amazing story!  And your siggy is adorable!
  • Options

imageMrs_Hark:
    crazy story! congrats again she's beautiful and now you get to buy pink sabres stuff!!!

oh no- we are a straight blue & gold house only! lol 

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    Oops
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You are super momma. Unmedicated and unassisted! Wow!
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is just amazing!  Congrats yet again!  She's perfect.
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options

What a great story! Glad the entire family is doing well.

And side note - when did Paul and Charlie get so big???

• Options
    Wow! You guys are amazing!! Such a cool thing to be able to tell her Daddy delivered her! I would love to have a home birth if we have anymore kiddos...just not so sure my birth track record would allow for that, being as we had scares with both deliveries.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If we ever have another one, I hope it's as fast as yours - wow!  Congratulations!

And such a cool story to tell her some day!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wow!! What an amazing story!! Congrats, mama!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"