Attachment Parenting

Ergo question

DS is 4 months old. We have tried out the Ergo a few times (he has good head control). The problem is I think having his legs on the outside is too much of a stretch for him and he seems to get really angry. If I put his feet on the inside (like in a frog leg position) he is fine, but I don't know if that is safe so we don't do it. Is there a way to use the Ergo that way without the infant insert until he gets big enough to put his legs on either side?

Hope that makes sense

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ergo question

• Do you have the infant insert? If so, try just using the little seat part and not the shell. Or try folding up a receiving blanket and putting that in for him to sit on. My son used the little seat in from 6 weeks until he was around 4 or 5 months. (He's a big guy). 

That being said, I would think his feet should be fine froggied on the inside. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! I have the infant insert. I didn't realize I could use it without the shell. I shall try that or the receiving blanket. I kind of felt he was fine with his feet frog style, but I wasn't sure. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekarinothing:
    Thanks! I have the infant insert. I didn't realize I could use it without the shell. I shall try that or the receiving blanket. I kind of felt he was fine with his feet frog style, but I wasn't sure. Thanks!
    Yes, use the pillow for the insert, without the shell!  I used that, or the blanket trick (only if we were going somewhere that he would need a blanket anyway) until very recently.  From what I understood (by a local to me babywearing "pro") the Ergo should not be used without the insert/legs splayed around you until LO is around 5.5 months.  I could never find anything in my Ergo literature or online that agreed with that...they always say use without the insert when the baby has good head control, but my experience matched what I was told - it's not really comfortable for them to splay before 5+ months.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageStefandTodd:
    imagekarinothing:
    Thanks! I have the infant insert. I didn't realize I could use it without the shell. I shall try that or the receiving blanket. I kind of felt he was fine with his feet frog style, but I wasn't sure. Thanks!
    Yes, use the pillow for the insert, without the shell!  I used that, or the blanket trick (only if we were going somewhere that he would need a blanket anyway) until very recently.  From what I understood (by a local to me babywearing "pro") the Ergo should not be used without the insert/legs splayed around you until LO is around 5.5 months.  I could never find anything in my Ergo literature or online that agreed with that...they always say use without the insert when the baby has good head control, but my experience matched what I was told - it's not really comfortable for them to splay before 5+ months.  Good luck!

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"