Attachment Parenting

FTM- best baby carrier for back support?

Hi. Can you ladies recommend a good baby carrier that offers the best back support? My DH has back problems and has had surgery so I want one that will make him comfortable when he wears it. 

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FTM- best baby carrier for back support?

• Depends on how steep a learning curve he's willing to assume. Wraps are generally recommended for people with back problems but I know a lot of men don't like wrapping. So in that case I'd say a SSC - beco and ergo are favorites amongst dads. I've also seen a few with kinderpacks but those are sized so you'd need one in infancy, one for toddlerhood and one for preschool.
  • I wrote a blog entry on this for my BW group. I'll link it here. The short and sweet version: a woven wrap with supportive, symmetrical carries. Fun note, the next post after mine is called Real Men Wrap. Wink

• Loading the player...
  • I have back problems and have found my Becco Butterfly II to work really well.  I have also enjoyed wrapping but have only gotten a front carry to work.  Having to bend over to back wrap really causes my back to hurt.  I am sure that once I got good at it, I wouldn't have to bend over as long and it would be better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepixieprincss:

I wrote a blog entry on this for my BW group. I'll link it here. The short and sweet version: a woven wrap with supportive, symmetrical carries. Fun note, the next post after mine is called Real Men Wrap. Wink

They're both great posts!!!  I had to tease him about it a bit when I saw him at our October walk.  What does he mean that she doesn't need all those carriers?!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"