Upstate NY Babies

weekend highs and lows?

I figured since we couldn't share our weekend plans on Friday since the bump was being stupid...

How was everyone's weekend?

Highs? Lows?

Re: weekend highs and lows?

• Lows: had to work late on Friday and the afternoon on Saturday. Fighting w/ DH most of the weekend (nothing serious... just getting on each others nerves- I didn't sleep well, so was b!tchy, he was "sick" and whiny)

Highs: a yummy dinner out for my mom's birthday Saturday, brunch w/ my girlfriends on Sunday, and good makeup sex last night ;) everything is better now!

• Lows:  It  seemed like yesterda DH was just picking on me all day.  I know he was kidding, but I was being ultrasensitive, and it put me in a mood. 

Highs:  Spending time with my babies. 

• Loading the player...
  • high: having my baby! lots of newborn snuggles, watching my boys fall in love with her, having an excuse to just lay in bed :)

lows: i missed charlie's hockey game on sat. (i know, no big deal, but i never miss his stuff!), the boys go into crazy show off mode when people come over so dealing with that non-stop the past 2 days has been tiring

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • High: Lots of time with my girls and DH and DH got a few small projects done around the house.

Low: A cold slowly crept in over the weekend and I feel like crap

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Lows:  DH left Sad   I was sick with the stomach bug since Thursday.

Highs:  I started feeling better yesterday & was able to clean the he!! out of my house,  Tori was pretty amazing considering I was a lump on the couch for the past 4 days.   Now to break her of the constant TV watching she's been doing....  The stomach bug caused me to lose 5lbs...I guess that's a way to kick start my butt back into gear!

• highs: had family over for my sister's bday dinner last night, pre-vacation shopping alone on friday night.

lows: got a super bad virus on my laptop, all my pics (6500) and documents disappeared and I havent backed up since November. DH took it to a computer place near his work. They don't work on weekends. The computer guy said it's a nasty virus but he is pretty confident he can recover the pics. <phew> Not having my laptop all weekend was AWFUL. DH has a desktop but he likes to be on it on the wknds.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lows: sick kids, sick me, trip to urgent care.

Highs:  Watching the kids run around in giant body socks, I bought them for our trip since Ty will need some sort of sensory regulation and these are easy to travel with.  They kept wanting me to take their pictures  in them!

imageimage

• highs: had lots of family together time (because we didn't leave the house!)

lows: Had to go to Urgent Care and have a throat infection and ear infections.  Got antibiotics on Saturday and still feel awful.  Kids are sick too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Highs: had pics done of A and got some family shots in too. my mom and dad came to visit yesterday and made us dinner, plus my mom always cleans the kitchen really well when she visits. And she and I went to Wegmans quick and it was so nice to get out of the house.

Lows: MIL came to visit w her sister and she is driving me nuts. She keeps attributing every feature of both my kids to DH or some random person in her family. The latest thing is A's full head of dark hair. She had her sister pulling out HER kid's baby photos to compare to A. While I sit here with the thick dark hair. Which has been this way since I was born. She is half me, just like she is half DH, it shouldn't be a puzzle where she got the dark hair from.  

image        image
  • Highs: seeing a bunch of college friends for brunch yesterday, not to mention an amazing breakfast quesadilla

Lows: two kids at my school got stabbed which is just scary, and DH still isn't totally feeling like himself 

• imageIrisheyes1247:

Lows: MIL came to visit w her sister and she is driving me nuts. She keeps attributing every feature of both my kids to DH or some random person in her family. The latest thing is A's full head of dark hair. She had her sister pulling out HER kid's baby photos to compare to A. While I sit here with the thick dark hair. Which has been this way since I was born. She is half me, just like she is half DH, it shouldn't be a puzzle where she got the dark hair from.  

My in-laws do this to and it drives me completely INSANE.  Everyone in their family, twice removed, is compared to my children. Almost every picture that I post on fb, my in-laws comment "She/He looks like so and so!"...."This is the same face XXX used to make!"  I've written back, "I think they look like themselves!' and they still don't get it.  It's like they purposely try to take me out of the equation. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Highs: In-laws took the boys to sesame street live so we had a whole Sat. morning to ourselves.  DH ran 12 miles (yup, he's training to do 30 miles on the wknd of hish 30th bday) and I went to stroller strides.   Then I came home and showered and went downtown and shopped on Hertel Ave and picked up Thai food for lunch.  It was great.  Later in the afternoon we had a babysitter come over and went and got a couples massage that we had a gift certificate for.  It was great.  

Lows:  DS complained of an ear ache on Friday and overnight so we had to rush him tot he dr. 1st thing in the am before sesame st. live.  His ear drum had already perforated.  My inlaws drive me nuts and even though I was thankful they took the kids to the show, it bothers me that they only offer to do stuff like that since they want to get credit for all the fun stuff.  They seriously must have purchased everything you can buy at the stupid show so now we have loads of Elmo stuff (1 of each thing for each kid).  They never offer to just watch the kids on a regular day.  It has to be some big production with them. 

• Highs-we had 2 birthday parties to go to and A had a blast at both of them

Lows-A's sleep study and the "recovery" that morning-she barely had any sleep and was a hot mess the next morning...but she was amazing and blew us away with how good she was!

• Highs: I got to spend the entire weekend with B. We went swimming, and played at the Y, went to the museum and just had some good B and mommy time.

Lows: B decided to spend the night vomiting last night. I'm exhausted, between washing clothes, sheets, sleep sacks and scrubbing area rugs, I got no sleep. And I had to start back to work this morning so it makes for a very tired day. DH is away for training, so that means I had no help during this.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• High: A quiet weekend with my guys since last weekend was so crazy travelling to see MIL in Syracuse. Finally figuring out how to get the hamburger bun recipe from Annie's Eats to come out right!

Lows: Having to visit my uncle in the hospital because of pneumonia. Ian melting down last night when we were ready to leave my parents' last night because he refused to nap for DH while I was at the hospital with my parents. Trying to make myself believe that the constant sneezing and drippy nose I had since Friday was just allergies, but realizing last night that it was really turning into a cold and sleeping like crud last night as a result.

• The whole weekend was just kind of blah.  We didn't really do anything.

DD woke up from her nap Sunday crying really hard.  When I asked her what was wrong she said "All the brownies are gone" which I was like what the heck? because 1. we haven't had brownies in the house in a long time. and 2. I wasn't sure if she said brownies or it just sounded like brownies, but I didn't want to say brownies and then deal with her wanting brownies.

So I asked her what she meant and she said "But Papa ate all the brownies!"  still crying.  ahhh, I couldn't stop laughing.  I called my parents up later that evening to tell them bc I thought it was so funny.  I had them on speaker so Ellie could talk too and when they heard, they invited us over to make and eat brownies.  Ellie was immediately excited, and hey, I'm not going to turn down brownies.  So at 7pm, I packed the kids up and we went over to my parents (luckily they live close by!).

And that was the High of my weekend - Brownies.  With mint chocolate chips bc I grabbed a bag on my way out the door to add.  And lead cake frosting on top bc my mom had some left over from a cake she recently made.

YWIA HLGs.

• Low:  DH worked all.weekend.long

High:  Taking the boys to a pancake breakfast on Saturday morning with my Mom 

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"