Preemies

Intro, had my two peanuts last night!

Ohh what a night!! I had Allison Rose and Ethan Jeffrey last night at 11:43 and 11:44.Everything was a-ok, I had received one steroid shot 9 hours prior. It was 10:30 and they come in and check with doppler before bed. Ethan was all over the place, heart wise. They plugged me into the NST machine and he was having dcels. Apparently the little guy got the cord stuck around his belly and it must have pulled tight. So off I went in a panic of crazy to c-section. Super overwhelming, the c-section wasn't horrid, just like a flight and fright panic attack. I was shaking like crazy as they got my IV in, and my oxygen dropped to 88. They wheeled me back after I called my husband and mom (who were an hour away!!). Got the spinal in, wasn't horrible but sucked pretty bad!I was alone in c-section (luckily my next in line doctor was on that night ). I said to him Please make sure me and babies are good and he held my hand and told me he would take care of me. The whole team of 20 something people did amazing work. My c-section was "uneventful" with minimum blood loss and a clean cut. Apparently my belly went down well too!!Ethan came out first (our trouble maker!) weighing in at 4lb7oz!!! He was estimated at 4lbs earlier in the day. So he is not even IUGR. Miss Allison came out weighing 3lb4oz!!! So tiny but she was estimated at 3lb 1oz. Both babes are doing well! Got one steroid shot in so it may have helped a little. Our son had some trouble breathing and taken off C-pap and put on breathing tube, he had another steroid shot and stabilized. Allison is on C-pap and doing very well! I got to touch her and she cried and then calmed down.I am planning on pumping today to see if my supply will get here for them! I will post pics sometime soon when I can show you their sweet faces!!  My husband was in shock btw!! but he is very proud of his lil peanuts!! Please keep my peanuts in your prayers that they continue to do well!! <:  I hope I can become an active poster on this board and learn a lot from everyone who has been there and done that!!Best, Laura 
Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Intro, had my two peanuts last night!

• Hi Laura! Welcome to the preemie board. I know it is not where you want to be but there are some amazing ladies and babies on this board. If you have questions ask and there is a preemie blog at the top that you could check out! GL to you and your babies.
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Congrats! Sounds like quite an exciting and scary delivery. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Just keep pumping every 2-3 hours around the clock. I didn't get my milk in until the 4-5 day but should start getting some colostrum which is super for the babies. Take care!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! Welcome to the Preemies board. There are a lot of helpful ladies here :)
  • Congratulations! As for pumping, just keep at it and don't get discouraged! When the first drops finally came out and collected in the bottom of the bottle, I cried. It was about 3 days after my c/s and I was starting to think it would never come.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Congratulations!  I'm sorry you had to go through your c-section alone but glad things to be pretty positive with your LO's.  Can't wait to see pictures!
    image image image

• Glad to hear your c/s went as well as possible.  I'm sorry you were alone.  That must have been hard for both you and your husband.  I'm glad you were in the hospital getting such close monitoring.  I'd recommend getting a hands free bra for pumping.  It makes it so much easier.  Also, don't get discouraged if you aren't getting much.   It took a long time for my milk to come in. 

Congrats on your little ones!  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Congrats!! Love the names...my DS is Ethan too! I will keep your LOs in my thoughts and pray they continue to do well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrs. Alice:
    Just keep pumping every 2-3 hours around the clock. I didn't get my milk in until the 4-5 day but should start getting some colostrum which is super for the babies. Take care!

This exactly! Congratulations again 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lots of hugs for going through the c-section alone. The same thing happened to me and it takes awhile to process everything. Make sure you get a recommendation for a good therapist just to talk it all out. Good luck with the pumping and congratulations on your new babies :)
  • Congratulations Mama! Praying for a short and uneventful NICU stay for your LO's.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"