Attachment Parenting
Options

I did a double hammock and it was more comfortable...

I posted the other day about how I did a ruck sack carry and my back started to hurt pretty quickly. A few mamas recommended that I try a double hammock instead and they were right. It is more comfortable. I did still have some discomfort in my back but I think that was probably from me bending over for a bit while I got it wrapped right. Oh, and the double hammock wasn't as difficult to do as I thought it might be, it actually didn't seem any more difficult than the ruck. Thank you for the suggestion ladies! 

Re: I did a double hammock and it was more comfortable...

• Options
    Wonderful! DH is my go to back carry as you can see in my siggy.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    Sharon, sorry I missed the original post. Is ruck sack the type or carrier or a type of tie? Thanks and sorry for butting in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBonidiebabe:
    Sharon, sorry I missed the original post. Is ruck sack the type or carrier or a type of tie? Thanks and sorry for butting in.

Ruck is a type of carry. I didn't know there were different ties? Do you mean like tied in front vs. tied under the bum. My other post is just a few down, still on the front page, and I linked to the video of the directions I used for the rucksack. The video is done by a fellow Bumpie Ncbelle and is really easy to follow, I also used her video to learn how to do the double hammock, you should check it out.  

• Options
    Glad the DH worked out for you!  It was always my favorite carry.  I could never get a ruck adjusted just right.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks. I have a lot to learn. Embarrassed I guess by ties I meant different ways to carry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"