Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

This sleep thing is driving me crazy

I am literally about to lose it and have a break down! We were doing ok before January came along. Two times a night to nurse and back to bed and I was just  'ok' with that with a view to sleep training once we hit 12 months and wean BF a little or all if necessary. LO would at least self sooth and put herself to sleep with little fussing or none at all. Now, we took a weeks vacation, I had surgery and we have an upper tooth. I am finding it hard to let her CIO as she has strayed from her usual routine and its getting worse. Literally I now dread going to bed. As soon as she is sleepy or even asleep which I never put her down actually asleep, she sit up and cries and stands up in the crib til I get her. This is a HUGE battle in the night from 10 pm onwards.. even when she skips naps during the day we have this issue. Bath, bedtime routines, reading, rocking ,singing, dark room, light music we have it all. She won't even co-sleep so I can sleep. She wants me not DH so it's easier for me to deal especially since he works and I haven't worked this month. I am as an understatement absolutely exhausted and do not see light. She eats plenty during the day so she really doesn't need to feed in the night. I am at a loss and ready to breakdown! To top it all off we had just made the decision to start trying for another SHOOT ME NOW! LOL

I'm sure it's teeth ( i hope) I am sure we will figure it out but please someone confirm this for me with some support and words of wisdom.. we are headed to the bookstore soon to find the Ferber book that is what I intend to start ready with a view to sleep training next!

Sorry it's looong...... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This sleep thing is driving me crazy

• Options

In my opinion, if you make sure she gets in scheduled naps during the day and enough food, then it is kiss kiss night night and goodbye at bedtime. For the standing, she'll eventually exhaust herself but she knows that you're going to go in there. Also, if I know it is teething, I give some iburphoren for the pain.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know... I have tried Tylenol 3 nights in a row but nothing has changed and don't want to be giving it just because i 'think' it's teeth. DH is allergic to ibuprofen so i am holding off on that for now... as for the CIO I have a weak stomach for listening to her cry, I time her music and projector for 20 mins then I go in and we do it again, this goes on for a looong time...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're having such trouble right now.  It is SO hard to not get your rest.  Personally, DH and I don't believe in CIO so we don't do it with our DD.  She does not STTN, but nurses and goes right back to sleep so I know we are very lucky.  We have her crib side-carred which works very well for us.  Recently, DD got another tooth and she was pretty miserable during that time.  We found that she rubbed her face, fussed and had a hard time falling to sleep.  Tylenol did help her, so we gave it to her just before she went to sleep.  I believe that our LO's will let us know what they need. . . You said that your LO will not co-sleep.  Have you found a way that she will go to sleep?  We hold our DD and put her down when she is asleep.  This works for us.  There are no battles over bedtime and no tears.  Our LO does not fight sleep and she is happy and well-rested during the day.  I guess my advice is to follow your baby's lead.  Give her what she needs and she will sleep better over time.  The days are long, but the years are short.  Good luck, Mama!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"