C-sections

HORRIBLE tearing pain!!

So I gave birth a week ago.....we were out of the hospital in 2.5 days.  Starting 3 days ago, I have been suffering from THE worst "tearing" pain I have ever felt.  The best way to describe it is my insides are tearing apart when I get in and out of bed, bend down to get something, etc.....I believe this is probably the same feeling others are having.  I've made a visit to the OB about it and they think everything is "normal".  I'm on my 2nd bottle of Oxy's.  Please assure me this IS normal.  Are you all feeling this as well?  What all do you do?  I am so not wanting to continue taking these narcotics but I feel totally immobile when I don't.  How long did your dr's continue prescribing to you? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HORRIBLE tearing pain!!

• I did not have this the first time around but I did the second time.  It started after coming home from the hospital and I know I overdid it going back and forth to the pedi and hospital for LOs jaundice testing, going to target, doing stairs, etc.  I pretty much remember it being gone about 9 days after, etc.  Mine also could have been from the pulling of scar tissue, etc. as I have endometriosis, etc.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had what I described as searing pain in my lower abs for 1-2 weeks after c/s, usually when I went to get up from the dinner table when I was standing and twisting. But I didn't take prescription meds and didn't find it immobilizing.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageRayRay007:
    I had what I described as searing pain in my lower abs for 1-2 weeks after c/s, usually when I went to get up from the dinner table when I was standing and twisting. But I didn't take prescription meds and didn't find it immobilizing.

This was me as well. I'd have momentary hot, searing pain that feels like my insides are ripping, but it was only if I pushed myself - while climbing the stairs or lifting something too heavy in the early days, or when trying to sit up in bed without using any support. I made a big point of sitting a lot, not moving too much, not picking up the baby too much (had DH bring her to me, etc.) that first week to really make sure everything was healing well. I'm almost 4 weeks PP and I'll occasionally get a tiny twinge if I make a weird movement too quickly, but now it's mostly gone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know, having immobilizing searing pain all of the time doesn't seem normal to me at all. I am a week out and am pretty much back to normal; I will feel a tugging/pulling feeling if I try to do something that my body doesn't like (pick up something heavy, etc)- but what you are describing doesn't sound really good. I'm just on ibuprofen every six hours, no narcotics for the past three days. I might call your Dr again to double check, and make sure that you are taking it super easy.
  • I definetly know what you are talking about. I had it when getting up, turning my torso sideways, etc. Any movement that pulled that area.

If I remember correctly, I was on pain meds 1.5 weeks.

• imageJessieJ2:

If I remember correctly, I was on pain meds 1.5 weeks.

This is what I was looking for!  Thanks!  I'm trying to get a idea of what everyone else did.  I seriously can't imagine going through this my entire maternity leave.

• I was also on pain meds for about 1.5 wks. Hope you feel better soon!!!! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was on the heavy pain meds for a week, then just advil after that. That doesn't sound normal to me, I would maybe ask your OB again. Hope you feel better!
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • For the first 2 weeks I had discomfort when getting out of bed or bending over to pick something up. I still used my abdominal binder, especially at night. It seemed to ease the pain/ tearing feeling when I was getting out of bed, and moving around in bed to feed LO.
  • imageadpilove:
    So I gave birth a week ago.....we were out of the hospital in 2.5 days.  Starting 3 days ago, I have been suffering from THE worst "tearing" pain I have ever felt.  The best way to describe it is my insides are tearing apart when I get in and out of bed, bend down to get something, etc.....I believe this is probably the same feeling others are having.  I've made a visit to the OB about it and they think everything is "normal".  I'm on my 2nd bottle of Oxy's.  Please assure me this IS normal.  Are you all feeling this as well?  What all do you do?  I am so not wanting to continue taking these narcotics but I feel totally immobile when I don't.  How long did your dr's continue prescribing to you? 

I had this as well and the only time I wasn't in pain was when I wasn't moving. I even cried trying to get out of bed while on the full dose of darvoset. I even had to argue with my OB to prescribe me more meds. DH went to talk to him and he off-handedly mentions using a belly binder. Once I started using this I was able to wean off the pain meds within a day. It helped me far more than the narcotics did. 

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"