Adoption

Holy crap, we've been picked!

We meet with our potential BM next Thursday!  We found out last night and my mind is still going a hundred miles an hour - what should we bring her, what should we ask, what happens if she doesn't like us...omg we're not totally ready!  I know that most of this is irrational and all will work out but for right now I feel like my body is just buzzing with all of this.   

I hope that the shock that somebody actually picked us wears off by Thursday!  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holy crap, we've been picked!

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Congrats! GL Thursday. You'll do great.
  • Congrats!  When we went to meet the BPs we brought pictures of us that we could show them if they asked.  We were so nervous...just remember she is as nervous as you are.
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That is wonderful!!!!! I'm excited/nervous for you....and I don't even know you!!!! Smile

Just remember to breathe! Keep us posted on how it goes!

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So exciting!!! We didn't meet DD's BM before her birth (she wanted it that way) so I have no advice. I would guess that gifts of any kind are not appropriate. 

I can't imagine all the emotions you are feeling right now!! Best of luck to you!!!! Can't wait to hear an update on Thursday!!

June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Congrats!
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• No advice here, but congrats!!
    ~Julie image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • OMG! Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Good luck with your meeting. Can't wait to hear about it!
  • Congrats!  I can't wait to hear how your meeting goes!!!
  • Congrats and good luck!
  • Soo exciting!!!  Good luck!!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! We met our BP's a few weeks ago. It was a breeze! We got along very easy right from the start. Goodluck!!!

P.s. I know in Texas it is illegal to bring gifts to the BMBP.Just fyi. You might want to check with your agency or attorney before hand.

• Yay!!!  Congratulations!

Are you meeting at the agency or somewhere else? 

I think you should take photos with you, too - put together a little album of pics of you and your husband, pics of you and your family - that kind of thing. 

I was so nervous before we met our dd's birthmom - I wrote down a list of questions to ask her!  I didn't sit there with a list :)  but I tried to remember some of the things.  Mostly we talked, and her caseworker helped 'move' the conversation along, too.

• Thanks for all the love, everyone! Our agency rec's a small something at our first meeting w BM. I'm not a big fan of this practice because I feel like it would be so easy to misinterpret. I like the photos idea. I'll have to think about what she hasn't already seen in our book. I can't wait!! :)
  • Congratulations! I am very excited for you.

(Sorry no advice here, we met our BP's after DD was born.)

Our adoption was finalized January 2012!
  • WOW!!! So exciting!

Keep in mind that the BPs are as nervous as you.  They fear you won't like them... rememebr they PICKED you for qualities they saw on paper... now they want you to have a mutual like of them.  (The whole thing is so strange.)

RE: gift... are you crafty?  Or bake... you could bring something homemade that may feel less pretentious. 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Yeay! Congratulations!
  • imagelotus88:
    Yeay! Congratulations!

Heeeeeyy!  Fancy seeing you around these parts :)  

Looks like maybe I'll be meeting back up with you on PAL later on this spring!   

• Oh my gosh - you've been waiting just 4 days and matched already?!  Insane!!  I'm so excited for you; good luck!
  • Congrats on the match!
    10/27/07
  • A BIG Congrats and GL!!!!!! Smile

• Congratulations! That's so exciting. Good Luck with your first meeting Smile

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• Eclair- private messaged you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"