Parenting after 35

On a brighter note...

We've moved on to "What's that?" "Who's that?" and "Where is __?" questions. Six months of speech therapy and DI have really paid off!

Plus he's a real comedian and very sensitive.  Lately his Eeyore toy gets a lot of his empathy ("Poor Eeyore...") and he gets genuinely upset when his tail comes off (it's velcro and supposed to!). We've had to come into his room at night because he is crying when he pulls the tail off. Exasperating but adorable.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: On a brighter note...

• Great news about asking questions!  I've been meaning to ask you how this is going, as DD is not talking at 17 mos. She says "hi" and soos for shoes, as she puts them on. The plan is to discuss with the pedi next month. the worst part is she has not said "mama" yet, which pains me.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yay! WTG A!

And whose idea was it to make Eeyore's tail removable? That's just asking for hysterics.

• Loading the player...
  • Yay for questions!   Soon he'll be saying, "Pardon me, Mother, but could you please pass me the Grey Poupon?"  :)

• Good job, A! :)
  • Yay A! Sounds like the therapy is going well!! Love eeyore, that's such a hoot!
  • Good for him!  DS has Eeyore too, but I think I'm more attached to it than he is...it's sooooo soft and cuddly!  DH keeps giving me the side-eye and saying, "That's G's...not yours!"  Bah!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemwd:
    Great news about asking questions!  I've been meaning to ask you how this is going, as DD is not talking at 17 mos. She says "hi" and soos for shoes, as she puts them on. The plan is to discuss with the pedi next month. the worst part is she has not said "mama" yet, which pains me.  

Definitely discuss with your pedi.  I think she should be saying a few words at least. If she needs speech therapy, Early Intervention is great.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Great news Robyn! So glad to hear..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"