1st Trimester

At how many weeks did you get you BFP?

Hi all! New here and my husband and I are TTC and did some baby dancing last month. Fast forward two weeks and I was 4 days late for AF, then I bled for exactly 2 days and stopped. This is extremely odd for me, as I've always had 6 day AF ever since I was 13. I took an early detection test when I was late and a few first response tests when I would have been 5 weeks. All BFNs. I would be 6 weeks today if I am preg. I'm scheduled for a dr visit in 2 weeks, but until then I'm wondering:

How late did everyone get their BFP? 

My Wedding AnniversaryMy Stepson's Age

Re: At how many weeks did you get you BFP?

• I got mine 6-7 days before AF was due. If you don't get a BFP and your next cycle continues to be wonky, I would call your provider if your concerned.  Best of luck!
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got mine 10 days after ovulation so 3 weeks and 3 days. You may have ovulated later than you thought, do you chart your cycle and BBT? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got my BFPs really early with both of my pregnancies. I got a BFP at 10 DPO (a week before AF) with DS, and a very very faint BFP (darker the next day) at 9 DPO with this one.

Good luck to you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I found out at 3w4d with both my pregnacies (11dpo). First Response is the best for early detection! :)
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC after tubal reversal TTC: 10 months (04/11) BFP! 3w4d EDD: 12/16/11 BETA'S-887,540,97 (04/11)4w6d natural M/C TTC after a 9 mth break TTC: 2 months (02/16) BFP! 3w4d EDD: 10/26/12 BETA'S- 590, 1655, 4302 U/S 6w5d, HB 165! :) U/S 12w3d, HB 185! :)
  • With this PG I was 3w4d PG the day I got my BFP.  It was about the same for my 3 other BFPs as well.  You'd definitely have a positive test by now, but GL at your appt!  I hope you get some answers.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I don't chart BBT but everything else is carefully tracked every month.
  • This time (3rd pregnancy), I got a BFP the day of my expected period.  However, with DD (2nd pregnancy), didn't get a BFP til I was 6 weeks along, and with DS(1st pregnancy), I didn't get a BFP til I was 8-8 1/2 weeks along!  I had taken probably close to 10 different pregnancy tests and all BFN's.  Finally went to the doc and got a BFP there with a urine test.  Still have no idea why.
  • I got my BFP 12DPO the day AF was due. I was 4 weeks exactly. I had tested the day prior and got a BFN so I caught it the day enough hcg was being produced. If you don't know when you o'd there is really no telling how far along you could be. Get a blood test if you're concerned. Also don't stress it can throw your cycle off.
  • I got my at 11 DPO - 3 weeks 5 days.

• I tested 2 days before missed AF and got a negative.  I tested again three days after AF should have started and got the positive.  OTC pregnancy tests do not work for all women.  I had a friend that went 6 months without knowing she was pregnant because all of her tests kept coming back negative.  Sounds like your short period could have just been implantation bleeding.  Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Four weeks and two days. I didn't test until after my period was due, but I suspected I was pregnant.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got a BFP at approximately 12DPO, I was about 3 weeks 5 days along.
  • My first one I got 5 days before AF.
  • I started testing about a week before AF and got negatives until a day before my missed period. It took longer than I thought for my body HCG levels to go up. Also, I had lots of symptoms so I for sure thought I was pregnant even though I was getting negatives. It could be the case with you too.

• 3 weeks, and 1 day, 9 DPO.
    Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • I got mine at exactly 4 weeks. The cycle before my BFP cycle was very wokny for me too. I spotted for 5 days and then it stopped for 3 days until I spotted for another 2 days and then AF showed for only 3more days (I was 4 days late when she finally showed). I typically spotted for a few days before AF and then would get AF for 4 days. I was extremely regular before that. GL!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 2/10/2012!
    Due Date: 10/15/2012!
    Baby Boy Born 10/11/12! (Not on purpose) :)
  • 3w5d

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I got mine 4 days before my period was due to start.  I thought I was late (I had my weeks off) and it turns out I wasn't late, but I was pregnant too.
  • I was 15dpo. So about 4 weeks
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was almost 8 weeks.  I didn't get AF back because I was still EBF but a lot of signs started clueing me in so I tested.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 6 weeks before I tested.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • I was 5 weeks! I tested 5 days ago and got a BFN then low and behold yesterday got a BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Jack - 6.7.2010 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got my BFP 5 days before I suspected af. I was 3 weeks 3 days. 
  • I got mine the day of my expected period, right around 4 weeks (just a few days ago)!
  • Omg congrats on baby!! :)
  • So As of yesterday I would be 6 weeks (baby at 3 or 4 weeks depending on what took) and I'm off to get another test. Haven't taken one for almost a week and it's killing me!! Lol
  • Good luck! I took a test day of missed period, BFN. I took a test 4 days later, BFN. I was sure I wasn't pregnant. Took a another test 2 weeks later and...BFP! I was 6w6d at that point. 

• I got mine probably 4-5days after i was expecting AF. I knew i was pregnant because in all 9years I've had AF-it's never been more than a day late.
    however, when my mom was pregnant with my little sister.. she kept missing AF, kept getting BFN's, even with bloodwork, but she just KNEW she was pregnant. She just had low levels of HCG in the beginning.

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • I used a First Responce Preganancy Test three days after I should have gotten my period and got a very strong positive.  (Take the test first thing in the morning for urine with a more concentrated, and therefore detectable, hormone level.)

The day before I was supposed to get my period I had some heavy spotting so I was pretty sure I wasn't pregnant.  Glad I checked because it turns out that was implantation bleeding (when the fertilized egg connects to the uterine lining).  So if you too had what appeared to be a really short period you should read this and take a test!

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/implantation-bleeding/AN02029

• I got my first BFP on Jan. 5, only 9 days after my doc said I conceived (Dec 27) !!
    *HappyFirstTimeMom* :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"