Phoenix Babies

Goodman & Partridge and Chandler Regional?

Wondering if anyone is using or has used G&P and if you've visited or plan on delivering at Chandler Regional?  One of my besties used both and loved her experience but I'd love to hear what others think or if you have any other recommendations?

thx,

sarah

Re: Goodman & Partridge and Chandler Regional?

• I went to G & P and I delivered at Chandler overall I had a pretty good experience cant really complain. There was one major hiccup when I arrived at the hospital in labor the nurse told me I wasent in labor and gave me a Ambien to make me more comfortable and sleep even though I was in excruciating pain and I knew I was in labor well I took it and 20 minutes later my water broke and I was dilated to a 5! So I ended up all night on Ambien which was really really hard! Other then that everything was good.
    ANGELA_11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i have heard bad things about that office from a whole lot of people. i've heard it about different locations, but have a friend who went to the maricopa office and they were horrible with her, she ended up switching in the middle of her pregnancy. i only know a few people who have delivered at chandler and they have been happy

congratulations on  your pregnancy!Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a great experience with them and with delivering at chandler regional. I had Gestational Diabetes and they made sure to keep an extra close eye on everything it was nice to see them screen for it early because I was a higher risk for it and that they caught it early. At the hospital we had a really good experience as well they were all nice and answered any questions we had at the birth center tour as well as when I was in labor. When hubby and I are ready for number two we will be going back to chandler regional that's for sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have known several people who have gone to that office and had horrible experiences. One of my friends at work went there for her annual exam and was in pain for days after because they were so rough with her. Someone else I know had major billing issues with them and it took a big fight to get them to fix it. I have heard from countless people that they had a bad experience for various reasons. I delivered my daughter at Chandler and had a good experience. My sister-in-law also delivered one of my nieces there.
  • Thanks for all of the responses! Ok, so definitely not feeling great about using G&P.

So, if you have  or are delivering at Chandler Regional and are not using G&P, who are you seeing?

• I go to Valley Women for Women. I'm not delivering at Chandler this time just because I live closer to Mercy Gilbert, but I know they deliver at Chandler as well. I know New Horizons OB/Gyn is close to the Chandler hospital, but I don't really know anything about them. Hope this helps. :)
  • I'm 15 weeks and had my first appt at G&P Feb. 8th, I did a lot of research before hand and visited a couple different doctors and they were by far my favorite. They were very helpful and polite and my doctor is awesome.  We haven't decided where to deliver yet, the dr said she recommended Chandler Reg. or Mercy Gilbert.

• I used G&P and delivered at CR. I've since moved to the west side, and I am super bummed I won't be able to use them again. They were fab. I seriously had no complaints.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for all of the feedback! I went to my first appointment last week and was pleasantly surprised! I had a great experience with everyone there and really liked my dr! As of now, I'm going to continue with them and hope things stay this well!  I go back next week for my ultrasound!
  • I had a great experience with G&P and am with them through this pg. I delivered at CR and L&D was AMAZING, however, the recovery was so-so. I felt kinda alone and crammed into a little room. But honestly, that was the worst of it.
  • imageb15chik:

i have heard bad things about that office from a whole lot of people. i've heard it about different locations, but have a friend who went to the maricopa office and they were horrible with her, she ended up switching in the middle of her pregnancy. i only know a few people who have delivered at chandler and they have been happy

congratulations on  your pregnancy!Smile

I went to G & P in Maricopa and hated it!  I was 36 at the time and was considered "advanced maternal age", which I was well aware of and fine with, but the 2 OB's treated my like a statistic, rather than an individual.  Towards the end, I really started dreading my OB appointments and really had to fight for what I wanted.  If I still live in Maricopa when I am pregnant for a second time, I will not use G&P.

My experience with Chandler Regional was great, thank goodness!  The G&P OB on call (Ianuzzi - spelling?) wasn't from the Maricopa office, which I was super happy about.  The nurses were amazing!!!

• I go to G&P in Mesa and have no issues with them.  I know it isn't in Chandler but they have been wonderful.  We are still trying to conceive and I am 35.  They have been very enthusiastic about our efforts and have been very helpful.  Again, in the Mesa office so maybe that is why it is different for me.
  • I know I'm late coming on this thread. But I cannot stand goodman and partridge. Can't even remember who I saw there. But if your plus size at all - expect them to be unrealistic with you. I've heard from several people how they told them to not gain a pound, have a 100 cal diet during pregnancy, and even to actually diet. (and yes, you read that right - 100, not 1000).... I also personally have had a bad experience at G&P.  It was horrible, and I vowed to never go there again.

I haven't heard that many good things about the maternity ward at Chandler Hospital either. 

I go to East Valley OBGYN in mesa at banner desert. I see Dr. Lisa Hollar - who is the sweetest person ever. She is genuinely a happy person, and remembers everything I tell her in previous appointments. I feel like she actually cares about me as a person / patient, rather than just a paycheck. My sister recommended her to me, as she delivered both of her kids - one being premie. Even though Chandler hospital is closer to me (I'm near McQueen and Ray), I am having my baby at Banner Desert. 

I'm sure by now you have chosen someone, and good luck to you! Hope all is going well for you! :) 

|Jennifer| -Mom to Eric (July 2004) -Married to Chris (March 2008) -Currently expecting Isabella BabyName Ticker image
  • I started with G&P in Maricopa... I had friends that liked them and friends that didn't. I'm one to give chances so I tried it... was really bummed at our experience. The only person I really liked was the ultrasound tech. She was super nice. After my first two visits there I attempted the Chandler office thinking it was a different environment.... they were 45 minutes late getting me in, it was my 12 week appt, we didn't listen to the baby's heartbeat at all, the NP as me a few questions and then said see you in 4 weeks. I was in awe and she was ready to leave. They seemed to busy to actually want to spend time with me. I was really taken back. I was totally bummed we didn't get to listen to the heartbeat since I'm a big worry wart... so I called the next day to see if I could come in to reassure myself and the lady that answered said "You know what, you're going to have to call back later and maybe they can help.." and she said it in a rude tone, I knew I was done then.

I'm going to attempt New Horizon Women's Care next month and they only deliver at CR.

• I go to Valley Women for Women and have been very happy with the care I've received.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"