C-sections
Options

recovery/discharge questions...TMI

I had a c-section almost 5 weeks ago.  It was a rough labor before the call was made for the c-section.

While getting my epidural they doc had to try in a couple spots and "kept hitting bone".  My first question is how long did the spot feel tender and hurt after your c-section.  Its more of a nagging tenderness then anything but still is bothersome.  Sometimes it is difficult to pick up DD if she is in her crib, pnp or anywhere I have to bend.

My next question is regarding discharge.  (this is where the TMI comes in)  I only have bleeding at this point when I over do it or do too much.  But I pretty consistently have discharge....it varies from clear to an almost yellowish/orangey color.  and it kind of thick and almost looks like snot or bugers.  Is this normal?  Should I call my doc or wait till my 6 week check?

Thanks for any advise you all can offer. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: recovery/discharge questions...TMI

• Options

DS#1, They had to try twice to get my epi in and then switched to a spinal when I went for emergency C. I honestly don't know if they had to change the tube or if they just changed meds. I was pretty upset at that point. I was pregnant 9 months later again, and SO afraid the spot was going to hurt really bad when I had another epi. It was tender especially if I tried to lay on my back on a hard surface (not that often) up until the birth of my second (18 months) and then after her, it was tender for a couple years (#2 is now 4 years old). I can still reach back there and it's tenderish, but doesn't bother me if I'm not looking for the spot. I have been to the chiropractor and had many adjustments over the past year and it hasn't been a problem. I would say for the first 9 months after, getting an adjustment on that spot would NOT have felt good.. I wouldn't have allowed it. 

Anyway, mine was tender, but not bothersome for all that time. I think the biggest fear I had was that it would hurt the second time around. That was a non issue. I don't remember it at all b/c I was (thankfully) in such pain when they went to put the epi in, I didn't care or notice.

In my experience, 5 weeks pp isn't out of the range of normal for it to be quite tender. I hope it doesn't limit what you need to do for much longer. HTH 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had no issues getting an eipdural, but had tenderness at the site.  From what I was told, it's completely normal.  I do remember it lasting for a couple of months- it was just an annoying pain and didn't limit any activity.

I can't help you with the discharge question- does it list it on your hospital discharge papers?  I only remember being told to watch for clots 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"