June 2012 Moms
Options

Leaving this board...

I think there have been a lot of mean posts and comments on this board lately.  People come here to get support for any questions they have, not to get criticized when someone thinks their question is stupid.  I will agree that sometimes I think there are stupid questions on here, but then I ignore it, and don't post anything at all.  This makes me wonder if I'm going to be criticized about a post I make.  So...for now, I'll be spending my time on the Multiples board where it doesn't seem to happen as much.
Pregnancy Ticker image image image

Re: Leaving this board...

• Options
    ok.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options
    I haven't been on here much lately, but I think I've missed something...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is this our first June 2012 GBCB post?!  If it is I think I'm excited!!

Sorry to see a twin mom go, but this is the internet. You seriously need to get over yourself.  

• Options
    While I certainly agree with you that there are some rude comments here and there, I don't think it is any reason to leave the board. For every rude comment, I would say there are MANY, MANY kind and helpful comments...but if you must...
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    A GBCJune Board. I thought I'd never see one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Well thanks for sharing.. Goodbye!

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I love all the ladies on this board! There are a couple of snarky posts here and there, but they are to be expected! This is a stressful time in all of our lives and between hormones and pure exhaustion there are going to be a few rude comments made! It's just part of life. The important thing to remember is not to take the remarks personally and move on. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bye... you could have just stopped posting without the lecture.
  • Options

imagekloveny:

But then how would their be drama???? Confused

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love the June board! I feel like the ladies on here are very supportive. I've lurked on some other boards but feel like the June board is the nicest board.
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

GBCB --> Good Bye Cruel Board?

Sorry, I didn't know this acronym!

Thanks lovelies!

• Options
    I'm sorry, not to be RUDE...but the world is a rude and cruel place, how do you survive on a daily basis??
    Our baby boy passed to SIDS on 12/6/12http://oi59.tinypic.com/2vaebew.jpg
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    A gift from Heaven...Our Little RAINBOW arrived 1/31/14!

• Options
    I understand what you are saying and while, yes, a few posters can be obnoxious, don't let a few bad seeds get under your skin like that. Just ignore their posts. I always look at the person replying before I read the reply and if its someone that annoys me, I skip over them. Easy as pie....sometimes.
  • Options
    Sorry to see you go. I think, at this point, we've learned who likes to be snarky (mostly for snarks sake)...that sounds funny. But then you know to take those people's posts with a grain of salt. At any rate, good luck with your pregnancy and know that I don't think anyone would mind if you came back every now and again. I think, for the most part, the women on here have the best intentions and sometimes just like to spice things up with snark to get a rise out of the poster. 
  • Options

Welp, See you on the flip side....

I don't necessarily agree with some things that are said, and If I don't like it, I click the little X in the top right corner of my screen.  Posting a GBCB message is only asking for flames.. Just saying..

Crash Bandit
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

..or you could ignore the posters that you don't like. I'm sure it's not the entire board that is bothering you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options

To think I opened this feeling bad, thinking something bad happened to you.  Nope it was just drama.  Thank you for the after school special.

The more you know......

• Options
    Dis! Weren't we just discussing who would be the first to GBCB? I don't think either of us called this one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options
    imagesam19:
    Dis! Weren't we just discussing who would be the first to GBCB? I don't think either of us called this one.
    now I want to know who you though would be the first!!! I can keep a secret :)
  • Options
    See ya!  Your huge contribution to the board will be greatly missed ::insert sarcasm font::
    After 15 cycles and 3 rounds of clomid (50mg) we got our BFP.

Lots of luck to my Golden Girls
  • Options
    imagejesss10:

imagekloveny:

But then how would their be drama???? Confused

lol.  buhbye op! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageemilyheps:
    imagesam19:

It was you. :p lol Just kidding. I would like to know who annoys you and you usually just avoid reading posts from though. 

• Options
    ahhhh one of many GBCB posts.. 

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagesam19:

imageemilyheps:
    imagesam19:

It was you. :p lol Just kidding. I would like to know who annoys you and you usually just avoid reading posts from though. 

*gasp*, not me??? :( Really, its no one specific that annoys me. It changes from day to day :) It's just if one person has been being too snarky or asking too many silly questions, I just avoid them for a while. If all people would do that, then we would avoid these silly GBCB posts, IMO.
  • Options
    I haven't been around for a few days... what did I miss?

• Options
    Confused bye!!!! 
  • Options
    imageBrideLinds:
    No clue
  • Options
    Glad you thought long and hard about this... wouldn't want  you to make an rash or dramatic decisions! Huh?
    Baby, I’ll say “remember your mama is a worrier but your papa is a warrior & you are the child with small hands & big eyes who never stops asking for more.”~ Sarah Kay
  • Options

imageBrideLinds:

Nothing out of the ordinary that I know of or read..

Crash Bandit
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageBrideLinds:

I have no idea. I really haven't seen any drama in about a week!

OP, I don't love the drama either, but if you pick and choose which threads you participate in, you can save yourself a lot of grief.

This board has been so invaluable to me and the great group of ladies here have really started to feel like an extended family to me.

Sorry that you're leaving. Good luck with your pregnancy. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

There's this great option on the Bump. Under someone's siggy is a whole set of options. Just to the right of the "Report" option, is a "Block" option. If there's someone who annoys you. I would use it. There's snark all over The Bump. That's the best way to ignore those who really annoy you.

I do love these GBC_ posts. They really have no benefit. If you're really upset, then just stop visiting. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really don't get to log on as much as I would like to, but I rarely see anything beyond light snarkiness. Its a shame you feel the need to leave, but I don't think it warrants an exit post either. You are entitled to your opinions though....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This post is making me batty.  I do love GBCB posts but I need a little more.  I have wasted way too much time trying to find some biatchy posts but I came up empty.  BOOO! What I did find is that we have all been nicer than usual over the past few day.  What the hell happened to us??
    image image image image image image image image
  • Options
    Well, your first problem was coming to the bump for support, because it's just time-suck/entertainment for most of us. Also, you're kind of an @sshole-I stopped breathing and my heart dropped b/c your title suggests a loss-but instead you're just being a dramatic AW.
    EDD: 6/28/12
  • Options

i have to say, June 2012 has been pretty tame as far as the meanness, however i feel some reactions are a bit out of line. for those who seem to think its ok to be rude and mean to others bc life is cruel or ppl are rude, i'm sincerly sorry for the children that will attend school with your children. if that is the attutide of the parent, its not hard to see how "cyber-bullying" is running rampant in our society. how many children have been bullied into killing themselves in the last year? are you to tell their parents, "hey its the internet, what do you expect?" will you say, "get over yourself, ppl are rude?" i'm just saying, we as mothers have to set the tone for acceptable behavior and how we treat others, personally, i strive to be as kind as i can be, bc i dont want my child to grow up to be a jerk. imo, its just not necessary to be mean and rude to a person, unless you enjoy it.

today, i worked on a murder trial in which a 6' 3", 280lbs man was bullying a 5' 6", 130lbs boy at a new years party... and guess what? that boy got the better of that big old man and stabbed him in the face and neck, the bully, was dead within minutes. point is, you just never know who you are messing with, you just never know how your cruelty will be taken by another... so if for no better reason, be kind to one an other.

• Options
    imagePrincessMenace:

i have to say, June 2012 has been pretty tame as far as the meanness, however i feel some reactions are a bit out of line. for those who seem to think its ok to be rude and mean to others bc life is cruel or ppl are rude, i'm sincerly sorry for the children that will attend school with your children. if that is the attutide of the parent, its not hard to see how "cyber-bullying" is running rampant in our society. how many children have been bullied into killing themselves in the last year? are you to tell their parents, "hey its the internet, what do you expect?" will you say, "get over yourself, ppl are rude?" i'm just saying, we as mothers have to set the tone for acceptable behavior and how we treat others, personally, i strive to be as kind as i can be, bc i dont want my child to grow up to be a jerk. imo, its just not necessary to be mean and rude to a person, unless you enjoy it.

today, i worked on a murder trial in which a 6' 3", 280lbs man was bullying a 5' 6", 130lbs boy at a new years party... and guess what? that boy got the better of that big old man and stabbed him in the face and neck, the bully, was dead within minutes. point is, you just never know who you are messing with, you just never know how your cruelty will be taken by another... so if for no better reason, be kind to one an other.

Just one question: Do you feel sorry for my husband too? 

• Options
    imagesam19:
    imagePrincessMenace:

why? do you bully him?

• Options
    imagesam19:
    imagePrincessMenace:

Only if he's ugly!
    EDD: 6/28/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"