Single Parents
Options

I Know They All Do This But...

When they threaten to get full custody it just reduces you to nothing. I knew it was coming. But, man it hurt. Left me sitting on the bathroom floor bawling my eyes out. I know he can't get custody. And, I know even joint is a long shot. It still scares the&:$$/&/& out you. A real man wouldn't use a child as leverage. wonder if judges see that. I guess it's proof that we care more about our kids than their NCP.

Re: I Know They All Do This But...

• Options
    I feel the same exact way today. I just received a copy of the petition my ex filed. He wants sole custody, decision making power, and control of MY LO. Also, he wants me to pay him child support. It has literally made me sick to my stomach and I have been crying all evening. I am terrified and do NOT want to lose my baby girl. It's sad that he's using an innocent child just to get back at me. I just gotta make sure I have my ducks all lined up for when it's time to go to court. Oh, and see has seen her a total of 6 times in 11 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's about control and intimidating you. Honestly, unless a really unfit mother is involved, I think the average guy likes their freedom, and only makes these threats (full well knowing they won't get the moon and the stars) just to make you feel fear.

How often do BD or XH actually get full custody... these guys know this, they are just doing it to get under your skin. Or they figure if they ask for everything at least they will get half of what they ask for.

I don't think any judge will think it's in your LOs interest to take them away from you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"