Parenting after 35
Options

interesting article...motherhood after 40

I read this today and thought that I would share...  it is Canadian and I think maybe the stats in Canada are a little different than in the states.

https://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/newsfeatures/article/1108972--motherhood-after-40-meet-the-mid-life-mama

Re: interesting article...motherhood after 40

• Options
    Very interesting.  Thanks!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    It was interesting.  I also find it annoying that so many people think that all older moms chose their career over having children.  I would have had children earlier but I had to kiss a lot of frogs before I found my prince. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageStrunella:
    It was interesting.  I also find it annoying that so many people think that all older moms chose their career over having children.  I would have had children earlier but I had to kiss a lot of frogs before I found my prince. 

I agree! (Although, I only kissed one frog but for too long!)

I see a lot of grad students in my department having babies, and think it might actually be easier to have one then (in their 20s) rather than now, as I'm scrambling for funding and trying to get to daycare in time rather than staying for the after-work social... 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for posting.  Interesting to read.

• Options

Thanks for the link!

As someone who has been in both (pairs?) of shoes (not a native English speaker, sorry), I actually find having kids later in life easier, and more pelasant and meaningful. Both mentally and physically. It could be because of my particular life circumstances, but so far so good.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"