School-Aged Children
Options

Wooden swing set recommendations?

I'm looking to get a wooden swing set (with slide) that will be big enough for my kids to grow into and my DH who's 6 ft. Any recommendations? Any sets I should avoid?

Thanks! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Wooden swing set recommendations?

• Options

We have a wooden swing set from Sam's Club that cost right around $1000.  It will be 7 years old this May, and it's still in great shape.

Features:

--3 sets of hooks for swings.  Regular swings can be changed out for baby swing, trapeze, other types of swings.

--rock climbing wall & ladder up to tree house "fort."

--slide down from tree house "fort."

--sand box under fort.

I know several people who bought a Rainbow brand whose swing sets were damaged in our east coast "snowmageddon" a few years back.  Ours is still going strong.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options

We had a Rainbow Playsystem and we had it for 9 years and then we disassembled it and gave it to another family.  It still looked new after 9 years.  The kids never got bored with it.  We decided to build an inground pool so had no room left for it.  My kids loved our playset. 

https://www.rainbowplay.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you can afford it, get a Rainbow System but don't get the boxed kit.  Get one that they will come out and set up.  We got one and it works great. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Creative playthings! I love ours!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"