North Carolina Babies
Options

Wendover OB/GYN in Greensboro - BAD EXPERIENCE

I called these guys and I had a really bad experience. I called to make an appointment and they took my insurance information and said they would call me back after checking it. They never called me back. So 2 days later I called them and they said they would need me to pay my full deductible before they would even see me. I have never heard of such a ridiculous policy - how can they ask me to pay before they've even done anything??? Secondly, this violates my insurance company's policy, with whom they are contracted. They were also incredibly rude. I would stay away from them completely. 

Re: Wendover OB/GYN in Greensboro - BAD EXPERIENCE

• Options
    I've been going there for 8 years with absolutely no problem. I have dealt with the deductible thing, they sent me a letter telling me what I'd need to pay and when I went in and talked to the finance department, I just paid a portion. They literally asked me "what can you afford today."  It's basically a prepayment and when they file all your appointments to your insurance they just take it what you would have to pay them of that prepayment instead of sending you bill after bill after bill.  If anything changes and you don't use all the prepayment, they reimburse you.  It's a little bit of a shock at first, but it's nice to not be constantly getting bills.  I love this practice and have numerous friends whole also go there and love it.  Sorry you had a bad experience with the receptionist.
  • Options

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  FWIW, I looked ALL over for where to go with my second baby and chose Wendover, driving 40 minutes from W-S for every appointment to see the CNM.

The payment system wasn't all that different from the OB office where I went in W-S for my first baby.  And in all honesty I found their reception people to be super sweet -- I was pleasantly surprised for being such a big office!

First impression means almost everything -- I hope you find a place you like better! :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is pretty common now although a bit of a shock.  I don't go to Wendover but another one of the larger practices in GSO and they do the same thing so good luck with that :)
  • Options
    Maybe try Physicians for Women of Greensboro? I've been going there for 7 years now and I absolutely love it (though it is inevitable that you will wait a long time in the waiting room). My OB is Dr. Lowe, but I have seen all the doctors there and haven't had an issue with any of them.
    BabyName Ticker imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Sorry you had a bad experience. Are you looking for an OB or a midwife? I was very happy with the midwives at Central Carolina OB/GYN. I have seen OBs there, but not for anything pregnancy related.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageCurbsideProphet:
    Sorry you had a bad experience. Are you looking for an OB or a midwife? I was very happy with the midwives at Central Carolina OB/GYN. I have seen OBs there, but not for anything pregnancy related.

I love the midwives at CCOBGYN.  But Tanya Bailey at Wendover is really great too!

• Options
    cecaleececalee member
    My mother goes to dr Anderson at green valley Obgyn. She loves going there, I would give them a call 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"