Philadelphia Babies

Riddle Memorial Hospital or Lankenau?

Just moved to the area and heard great things about Lankenau hospital for delivery, but Riddle is much closer to our house. Anyone deliver at Riddle and have a great experience? Do they have private post-partum rooms where the dad can sleep too (a bed?)? Can you recommend an OB that delivers at Riddle?

Thanks!

Re: Riddle Memorial Hospital or Lankenau?

• Overall my experience at Riddle was ok.  I think my complaints were things that I would have felt at any hospital.  I thought about switching to Chester County for baby #2 but have decided that I like my doctor too much to switch.  I use Granite OBGYN (Dr. White, Dr. Yanez and Dr. McConnell)  I see Dr. McConnell and like him.  He is also the doctor that delivered my 1st baby.

The room was definitely private (I didn't have to share) and I think they were fine with dads spending the night.  Just asked that they stay dressed.  Lol.  I don't remember there being a bed for them though.  My DH didn't stay because we have a dog at home that he needed to go home and let out. 

I hope this helps!  GL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi there!  I sent you a private message about Riddle.  While I have no birth experience there I will be with someone who is giving birth there in February.
    Dona Birth Doula Prenatal and Vinyasa Yoga Instructor Childbirth Education Instructor
    Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey
  • Loading the player...
  • I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lankenau.  Also, the doctors I saw were in Broomall so you would not have to go as far for regular appts plus I think you could do all your testing and ultrasounds t Riddle since it is part of MLH.

Lankenau is all private rooms- but there is not a bed for husband.  Just a reclining chair that goes back pretty far....

• Loved Lankenau.  The nurses were awesome and my three days there were great. 
  • I loved Lankenau too! The nurses were awesome! I had a friend who delivered at Riddle (7 weeks early) and had a great experience with nurses, doctors, and the NICU. 
  • I delivered at Riddle in August. I was very happy with the nurses who took care of me and the lactation consultants were AWESOME, especially Mary. I also live very close to Riddle and it was great b/c my husband could easily go home to let our dogs out and still be back to me in a short 5 minute drive.

My room was private. There was a chair for DH to sleep in but no cot or bed.

Dr. Hyatt delivered my baby girl. She is WONDERFUL. I highly recommend her and her entire practice (Dr. Sincavage, Dr. Issac, etc.)

__________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Dr. Hyatt is WONDERFUL!  I love her and so does my husband!  lol everyone at Riddle was fantastic!
    Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH
  • Dr Hyatt also delivered my baby girl at Riddle in April '11. I loved her, the entire practice as well as Riddle. The nurse Johanna was there for my entire labor and delivery. She was suppose to be off while I was still pushing and she stayed until everything was said and done. I felt so comfortable and they made sure that I was ok the entire time.

My husband stayed in the reclining chair/bed but is still talking about how uncomfortable it was. If he thought that was unconfortable, he should try pushing out 7lbs 9oz. Big Smile

• imageivylegacy2000:

My husband stayed in the reclining chair/bed but is still talking about how uncomfortable it was. If he thought that was unconfortable, he should try pushing out 7lbs 9oz. Big Smile

HA! Love it! :)

Lori ~ mom to 2 boys, wife, doula, and childbirth educator - www.delcodoula.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"