Adoption

Adoption in Kentucky (& intro)

Hello! My DH and I have been facing some fertility issues, and have decided that we don't want to go through the pain (specifically emotionally) of going through all the tests and procedures that are part of IVF. So, we're looking wholeheartedly into adoption. He was actually adopted as an infant by his parents, and could not have asked for a better upbringing. This has really helped us in our decision to move forward with adoption.

That being said, I was hoping there are some of you on this board who are in Kentucky and can refer me to good agencies in the state. So far, I've really looked into Adoption Bridges of Kentucky, Adoption Assistance, and Bethany Christian Services. I've gotten packets from all three, but really feel first-hand experiences by those such as you on this board are my best bet in choosing the right agency for us.

So...any suggestions, recommendations, etc. are very much appreciated! I'm excited, nervous, and impatient all at the same time. How blessed are we all to have this option to turn to so that we can enjoy all the joys of parenthood?

Thanks so much for your help! 

MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Adoption in Kentucky (& intro)

• Welcome!  I'm in AZ and did Private Adoption but wanted to say hello!  Adoption has been an amazing blessing in our life!  Wishing you a short wait for your baby!
  • Welcome..I am in Ohio. I am sorry I can't offer help on the agencies but good luck in this journey.

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in KY but we did foster to adopt many moons ago, LOL.  I have heard both good and bad about Bethany but opinions vary since all the offices are somewhat independent. I haven't heard anything specifically about Ky offices(s). I don't really know anything about the other two but I have heard of Adoption Bridges.  I think there is an agency rating website but I don't remember the URL...somebody help me out here?  Welcome and Good Luck!
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Welcome, I am in AZ and used a lawyer in CA for our adoption. 
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

• Hi, and welcome.  This board doesn't generally have a lot of posters in any one area, so it might be tough to get agency recommendations here.

You might want to check out the yahoo group called "AARD" (Adoption Agency Research ? Domestic).  That group is dedicated to giving honest feedback on agencies.  You can ask about the agencies you are interested in directly, and also search their archives and files.

Good luck!

• Welcome!  I'm in Ohio, so no help there, but the suggestion above for the AARD Yahoo group is excellent.  It really helped us narrow down to our agency.

We researched over a dozen agencies before we felt confident that the one we chose was the right one.  It takes time, but you'll find the right fit, I'm sure :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you everyone for all of the helpful info and welcomes! We decided on Adoption Assistance, sent in our first app on Thursday and have begun the home study process! I'm a little OCD about everything right now, just making sure we get all of our stuff done as quickly as possible so we're not holding up the process any. I'm sure I'll be leaning on you all a lot over the next few months/years!
    MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
    ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"