TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Losing hope...sad and angry...

DH is squashing my dreams of becoming a mom.  He has decided he's not sure if he wants us to do the IVF and would be ok with not having children.  He said he's not sure he is ready to be a father.  I told him that not many men are until they actually become one.  I dont know what has changed his mind since we've been trying for over 2 years now to have a baby.  I have been so upset the last week or so after we went to the IVF class and we left the class without signing any consents like all of the other couples.

He is out of town this week and told me we can talk more about it when he comes back.  I'm just so sad and so mad at him at the same time.  As long as I can remember I knew I wanted children.  I even went in to nursing knowing I only wanted to work with children.  I am now 38 and don't have much time for my work obsessed husband to decide when and if he is ready to have children.

He also totally hates the idea of IVF.  He wants to get pregnant naturally...who doesn't.  But that is not an option for us anymore...my doctor has medically proven that.  

I sure hope he is ready to talk when he gets back.  Please keep us in your T&P that we can come to a decision soon and I don't have to kill him....cause I'll never become a mom that way. 

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

1st pregnancy: BFP- 6/28/09 - Found out we lost our little girl on 10/9/09 at 19w 4d - D&E- 10/14/09

June 2010, corrective surgery for Septate Uterus and large fibroids

2nd pregnancy: BFP- 10/18/10 - Slow rising, non-doubling HCGs, no heart beat. Non-viable pregnancy, D&C- 11/12/10

Started Metformin 6/30/11, Started Clomid 7/20/11 - Unsuccessful

HSG and Laparoscopic surgery revealed blocked tubes and lots of scar tissue...IVF here we come!!!

Surprise BFP naturally!!! IT'S A BOY!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Losing hope...sad and angry...

• Options
    *hugs*
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options

I have to agree with Wicked, the class may have just brought the seriousness of the situation out to him and scared him.  I have no real advice to offer, but I will keep you and your husband in my T&Ps.  I hope you two are able to talk about it when he gets home and come to a mutual decision, or at least open the conversation about IVF.

Big ::HUGS:: 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ((Hugs)) I hope you can work things out. Maybe he just needs some time to process al the IVF info.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm really hoping he is just scared and that through talking it out you can come to an agreement.  I think there is a lot of pressure when things don't happen "naturally" and interventions are necessary.  There are times my DH says he could go either way with the decision to have children, for me it's a deal breaker.  In that respect I understand.  If he were ever to say the same thing to me I would feel the exact same way.  I am of the opinion that if, even through trying and going as far as IVF, we weren't able to have children biologically that as difficult as it would be, at least we would have tried.  Perhaps put it to him that way??  I know time is not on your side, but perhaps he needs patience and time to absorb it all after the presentation.  ((((Hugs))))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I am in a similar boat. 39 & He used to be open to adoption or IVF until we found out we might need those options! I will pray that you can come to terms soon.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how that would feel. All I have ever wanted was to be a mom and I don't know what I would do if DH told me he didn't want to exhaust every option to be one. I'm sending you ((hugs)) and hoping that you guys can talk about it and come to a mutual decision.
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ((huge, warm hugs))
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Options

{{{hugs}}} I am so sorry hun. I really hope that he's just scared.

I know, personally, my DH hates the idea of spending money to try to get pregnant. With our past failed clomid/trigger cycles, he calculated how much money we spent on nothing. He is stinking at saving up for an IUI because he can always find something better to spend it on than "nothing", which is what he thinks of these procedures.

I hope this time away makes him change his mind.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options

I am so sorry ..I hope he is just overwhelmed right now and thinks more about it.

((HUGE HUGS))

• Options
    I am so sorry.  You guys will be in my prayers and I'm sending many positive thoughts your way.
  • Options

I'm sorry!  I would imagine that now that IVF is a reality it's probably really scarey for him-and he may not know how to move forward with IVF until he's dealt with those fears.  Sometimes the fear of the unknown is great that it stops us from moving forward.

I hope you both can have a honest and open dialogue and he will be back on board!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

• Options
    I'm sorry. I really hope he comes around. (((hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    ((hugs)) I am so sorry. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
    BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ((hugs)) the class might have freaked him out a little. Did you ask his reasons for not wanting to do IVF now? I hope when he comes back you guys can have a talk and hopefully get on the same page.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.  I completely understand the part about your DH wanting to do it naturally - mine does this also.  It's like he has NO CLUE about how slim the chances are of that happening.  It frustrates me so much.  Anyway, I really hope you'll be able to make a decision you're both comfortable with.  Sending big (((HUGS)))
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I'm so sorry - this has to be awful to deal with on top of everything. Maybe DH just got freaked out at the IVF class? I think it's harder for them to understand the statistics and how slim a chance you have every month even if everything is "ok." It's so frustrating! Hopefully you guys can figure this out.. Huge ((hugs))!
  • Options
    Oh hun I am so sorry you are going through this.  It is so hard when your husband tells you something like that, especially when you have both been on the same page.  I hope his time out of town will help clear his head and he will come home more refreshed and ready to give it his all.  Most importantly I think you both need to really talk about it, you need to let him know how important this is to you.  I hope you can get this resolved and move forward with IVF.  Sending you tons of love.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • Options
    Big (((HUGS)))

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"