May 2012 Moms
Options

2nd time or more Moms ?

I have been having major struggles the last few days feeling SO ready to have my body back to being my own. I don't even necessarily mean in shape, I just mean back to mine and only mine.  Between being pregnant with DD#1 and nursing her I only had a three month break before getting pregnant again.  If I nurse DD#2 as long I will not have my body to myself until this time next year.  I so just want a break!  Anyone else feeling this way?

Re: 2nd time or more Moms ?

• Options

i definitely feel like i dont have my body to myself, and that i wont for quite a while.  right now i am handling it ok, but do worry that breastfeeding wont be the "joy" it could be, because ill eventually be overwhelmed.  one day at a time is going to be my motto.

my husband said to me the other night..."3 more months and you can sleep on your stomach again!"  i was like..."um, no, because my milk trucks will be in the way!"  so,15 more months and i can sleep on my stomach again...and then we'll probably get pregnant again! ha!

• Options

Absolutely! We planned DD1 and DD2 close together (I had about a 3 month break between fully stopping nursing and getting pregnant again) but DD3 was a surprise and I had about a 5 month break between weaning DD2 and getting the BFP with DD3. So since September 2008 I've had about 8 months of having my body to myself and I've got about 4 more months of pregnancy (plus however long I nurse) left.

It's definitely hard. I haven't been able to get back to my pre-baby weight yet and I was doing really well with finally losing weight before I got pregnant this time so it's been a bit of a bummer to know I'll be starting over. It is worth it though, I remind myself that it is just a chapter in life and soon I'll have 3 little girls in school and miss the kicks and the nursing snuggles so I'm trying to enjoy it at the same time but it is exhausting and difficult at times too :) Hang in there!

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm right there with you.  I had about 6 months to "myself" and it didnt' seem like enough so I can't imagine having only 3.  It's difficult physically and emotionally.  I love being pregnant and I loved BF'ing DS but it is taxing.  I'm hoping that after this LO we'll wait a little longer before working on #3.

Sounds like you arent' alone,  Momma.  Hang in there!

• Options

imagewinter-shock:
    I so just want a break!  Anyone else feeling this way?

Absolutely!! I felt this way after having my LO#2. I nursed LO#1 til one year and also got pregnant that same month. So 9 months preg plus 1 year nursing plus 9 months preg plus 9 months more of nursing (LO weaned himself). I was SO ready to just be ME for awhile. So we waited a lot longer before trying for LO#3.

Hang in there, it sounds like nursing is important to you! But try and take that break after DD#2 is done nursing. It's good for your body and your sanity :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm totally there. I got pregnant the month after I stopped BFing. Apparently the mini pill isn't so effective when you are not BFing, who knew?

This pregnancy is also much harder than the first. I breezed through the first pregnancy with no problems (except having DD at 35 weeks, but that also meant I missed that horrible last month). This time, I am already almost as big as when I gave birth, my back hurts, my hip hurts, and I'm just over it. I ahve also really been craving a freaking drink or two.

I'm also afraid that I will slack with baby #2, I can already feel the desire to start supplementing and maybe not EBF. BFing and pumping at work is such a PIA, and I feel like I justed stop... I'm hoping I get my act together for this little one:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm just trying to think about in terms of, I'm over halfway done. I was still nursing when I got pregnant again so I've been pregnant and/or nursing since the very beginning of 2010. If I nurse #2 for as long as I did #1 I won't be done until mid 2013, which would be a 3 1/2 year stretch of being pregnant and/or nursing. But once I'm done nursing this one then I'm DONE (if we do end up having a third there will definitely be a several year break between #2 and #3). It seems daunting to me now but once I'm done I'm going to appreciate every single second that I have my body to myself!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had 10 months between having DS and getting BFP.

But my body was never back to normal and it won't be while I'm breastfeeding this baby. I would love to have my body back.

• Options
    I was just daydreaming the other day about summer 2013.  I really want to work at getting my body into the best shape I can after this baby.  I didn't try very hard after #1 b/c I kept thinking I would get pg again so what's the point?  I remember the month after I finished pumping last time I felt really alive, I had so much energy, my libido was through the roof, I wasn't moody, and nothing hurt!  I love being pg, but yes, I want to feel like me again.

image   image

• Options
    Can you ladies clarify what you mean by "back to normal"? Is it normal weight, normal functions, or just knowing that no one is depending on your body physically? Curious FTM over here.
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• Options

Yes! I'm in the same boat as you. I nursed/pumped with DD until she was 9 months old, felt pretty normal for 3 months, and then got pregnant again. We're really excited about LO#2 and she/he is our last baby, but I can't wait for this time next year (as long as I can nurse/pump with LO#2 for 9 months too).

elviebird- To me "back to normal" means that clothes fit good, weight is pretty much back to normal, no BFing/leaking... it's hard to explain, but when you feel "normal" again, you definitely know it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can only imagine! My DD is just 2 and I weaned her at 16 months. After I weaned, I had a good 6 months to get in shape. It felt great to have my body back! But, it's gone again until I wean this little nugget! So, 2 more years! But, it's all worth it and it's only a wee bit of time in your life!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Yes and no.  I figured out recently that I'll have been pregnant or nursing from January 2007 until possibly May 2013, with only a short break between weaning Erin (spring '11) til getting pregnant with B4 (summer '11).  It's no fun, but it's just a small season of my life...
    m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageelviebird:
    Can you ladies clarify what you mean by "back to normal"? Is it normal weight, normal functions, or just knowing that no one is depending on your body physically? Curious FTM over here.

A lot of things. Your weight doesn't always leave easily. I never got back down to pre-baby.  It also changes shape for most women.  That is something I was not prepared for. I thought well the essential shape will go back to the same and it doesn't. Even my sisters who all have older children now, said that it took them at least a year to shed the weight and even then their previous clothes didn't work because their shape was different.

It's also just feeling like the only one that needs to depend on it is you.  While breastfeeding you can still be dealing with a lot of hormonal ups and downs.

Thanks Ladies for all of your responses. It helps knowing I am not abnormal! 

• Options
    imagewinter-shock:

imageelviebird:

A lot of things. Your weight doesn't always leave easily. I never got back down to pre-baby.  It also changes shape for most women.  That is something I was not prepared for. I thought well the essential shape will go back to the same and it doesn't. Even my sisters who all have older children now, said that it took them at least a year to shed the weight and even then their previous clothes didn't work because their shape was different.

It's also just feeling like the only one that needs to depend on it is you.  While breastfeeding you can still be dealing with a lot of hormonal ups and downs.

Thanks Ladies for all of your responses. It helps knowing I am not abnormal! 

elviebird- "back to normal" is different for everyone I think. Having a baby changes your body forever. But for me it was when it was just ME depending on my body. I wasn't a baby grower or milk machine anymore. Just me! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageelviebird:

For me it was this. Your body will never be the same it was pre-pregnancy. Your clothes will fit differently, your boobs will look and feel differently etc.  But mostly, when you are breastfeeding (at least for me) I just felt so... restricted? Tied down? 

Maybe it's because I had a horrific time breastfeeding and it was incredibly painful for me. I only did it for 4 months (all I could manage with bleeding nipples, mastitis, constant thrush, milk blisters... urgh), but when I stopped I felt as if I was sky-diving.  So free! It was truly liberating.

I'm going to try to breastfeed again because I really believe it's better for baby in the first months, but if I have half the problems I did the first time, I'm going straight to formula - with pleasure.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options

I started to get that feeling when my regular clothes started to get tight. DH and I have agreed we are done after this. We are blessed to have experienced this twice, but I never want to do it again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"