June 2012 Moms
Options

Not quite anxiety, but something weird

So I have a history of depression which is often triggered by significant life events and has, although not often, resulted in panic attacks. Over the past couple of years I've been able to make good life choices and get it under control without meds (personal win!). Since the beginning of my second trimester I've noticed that every once in a while I get a rushing feeling in my chest. Almost like my heart is going crazy, kinda feels like the beginning of a panic attack without the emotional pieces, but I check my heart rate and its within normal bpm. Someone suggested that this maybe a rush of hormones that I'm just overly sensitive to. Have any of you ladies experienced anything like this?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Not quite anxiety, but something weird

• Options
    Could it have been a reaction to caffeine? I significantly cut my caffeine intake once I got pg. I recently had a more caffeine than I've been having (like 3 diet cokes) and started to get what felt like heart palpitations. It stopped after a short time but it kinda freaked me out. I figured it was the caffeine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get that too now...I was planning to ask my dr on Thursday.  If you find something out about it, let me know!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dnhdnh member

I had experience with anxiety a few years back prior to being married and having ds . My pregnancy with ds was anxiety free and I didnt have any depression symptoms etc after his birth. A few weeks ago I started having symptoms similar to what you mentioned...yesterday a full blown panic attack set it, my chest felt tight I became hot and flushed I started crying. It was an awful feeling.

I had an appt with my ob today so I discussed it with him, he said anxiety can surface when youre pregnant. Advised me to avoid any known triggers and to try natural remedies. If I am not feeling better in a few weeks we can discuss further steps at my next appointment. 

Im going to up my intake on omega 3s, pick up some chamomile tea on the way home and go for a long walk tonight in the park. Hope some of this will help.

PM if you need to chat

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I have had the same exact thing (and so have some of my pregnant friends).  I have found out (through trial and error) that it's when my blood sugar is low and I haven't eaten anything substantial for the last few hours.  The next time it happens try eating a piece of cheese or drink a glass of oj and see if it helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"