Baby Names

NN for Alexander

What does the baby names board think of the nickname Lex for Alexander?  I only know one Lex and he's the father of a friend.  I hadn't put it together as a NN for Alexander, but I'm not so in love with Alex as a NN and think Lex sounds cool - along the lines of Dex(ter).  I realize there will be an obvious Lex Luther connection, but that doesn't bother me so much. 

This is something that just popped into my head, so I'd really appreciate honest feedback on it!

Re: NN for Alexander

• I love the nickname Lex - unfortunately by BIL is Alex so we've strayed away from any "lex" names. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like Lex, it's a cute alternative :) 

Just realize that you'll only have control over his NN until he hits school... then everything changes. My brother is Michael and my mom named him that as long as no one called him Mike. Well, now Mike is ALL he goes by! It's his personal preference over Michael, and everyone at school automatically shortened him name that way.

So, as long as you wouldn't mind Alex perhaps becoming the NN later, go for it! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I think Lex is a great  nickname for Alexander. I like it equally for boys and girls (my sister's name is Lexi, and we often call her Lex).
    VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• If I am being honest, I don't love it.  Lex sounds feminine to me.

I know you didn't ask for suggestions, but what about Xander as a nn?

• Thanks for the feedback.  I guess I don't think of it as any more femenine than Alex, but I realize it is a common girls nick name.  I suppose I'm less worried about the unisex problem with a NN because gender will be apparent when people see his full name. 
  • Thanks for the feedback.  I guess I don't think of it as any more feminine than Alex, but I realize it is a common girls nick name.  I suppose I'm less worried about the unisex problem with a NN because gender will be apparent when people see his full name. 
  • I like Lex as Alexander's nn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Imo, there are so many. 

Alex, Al, Lex, Ali, Andy, Zander, Zender, Xander, X.  

• Our 2nd son is Alexander.  we call him Alex, Ali, Ali-gator, never lex, and I hate Xander.
    lolololo
  • My DD has a friend at school that is called lex- he is 2.5, but his mom writes it on everything and that is what everyone calls him.
    Me- 28 DH- 36 Diagnosis- MFI IVF baby #1- DD, 2 years old MC at 6 weeks in Feb 2011 (FET) IVF #2- BFP! IVF baby #2- DD, 4 months old
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"