February 2012 Moms

94th Percentile - anyone else have a large baby?

My OB scheduled a growth scan since I was measuring 2 weeks smaller - I am 36w3d. To our shock at today?s ultrasound, the Perintologist said our baby is measuring in the 94th percentile! The baby weighs 7lbs 12oz and his head is measuring 40 weeks! I was floored. All week I was thinking we had too small of a baby. I go to my OB tomorrow to talk about options. But the Perintologist is suggesting a c-section in my 39th week - but the Pediatrician (we interviewed today) said she expects us to have the baby in the next 10 days. Ultimately its my OB who will decide so we will talk to her tomorrow - But am curious anyone else going through something similar?

Re: 94th Percentile - anyone else have a large baby?

• Yep, I am right there with ya...we had our ultrasound last Friday and she is 8lbs 7ozs and I am 37 weeks! YIKES! We meet with the OB this Friday and will talk about options...I am definitely nervous!
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Me too! 8lbs 13oz at 37 weeks. Baby is greater than 95th percentile. Not sure how big the head is, but it's a big baby! 

MFM recommended inducing next week (38 wks), but we met with my OB today, and she can't induce before 39. So if we go to induction, we'll be inducing a 10lb baby (estimating LO gaining 1/2 lb per week) which she also said she won't do.

So at this time, I'm really hoping I go into labor on my own b/c I will probably be looking at a c-section if I go to 39 weeks.

Crossing my fingers that I keep dilating and deliver before 39 weeks! 

• Loading the player...
  • My baby is pretty average right now, except his head was 9.4 cm at 35 weeks (97th %tile) so my doc scheduled an induction 2 days past my EDD on hopes I can still push out his big head.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • Keep in mind that the ultrasounds toward the end of your pregnancy can be off by 1-2 pounds, so they aren't an exact science.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"