D.C. Area Babies

"I'm a bad mom" phase/days/moments (loaded vent, sorry)

2»

Re: "I'm a bad mom" phase/days/moments (loaded vent, sorry)

• Just chiming in as well...you don't suck! Which I am sure you have figured out by now:) Being a mom is hard, add up top of that changing your antidepressants and it being winter? That's a lot. And if you have a DH that doesn't quite get it? (Which I think is quite a few of them!) That's a lot of weight on your shoulders. I pretty much agree with all of the previous posters, find some time for yourself, let DH figure out how to feed your little one on his own while you are gone for a few hours, and just unwind. They, and you, will survive, and be better off for that time apart.

I frequently have the "omfg what have i done" moment, maybe more than others because my DH and I planned on not having any kids and managed to have an "oops". At this point, we have learned just to laugh off those moments. There is an episode of the Simpsons (my DH's favorite show) where Homer sees what his life could have been without children, using some magic spaghetti sauce, and yells "I want to live in the sauce" as he dives into this magic sauce...whenever DH and I are feeling particularly overwhelmed with parenthood or missing our old, easier, pre-DS life, we say this to each other. It breaks the mood, causes us to laugh and feel just a bit better. Parenting is so hard, and overwhelming at times, you are not alone!

• Oh, and I frequently skip pages in "Go Dog Go", or any of the Dr. Suess books when DS isn't paying attention:) Really any book I can get away with skipping parts of I do, especially after the millionth time I am reading it...
  • Loading the player...
  • Great responses above - hang in there!  Many days I feel like I'm just "powering through" and not enjoying every moment.  Normal normal normal.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"