March 2012 Moms
Options

FTM so I have a few questions:

1. do you need 2 Boppys or is 1 sufficient

2. Do you need a Rock N Play if you have a rocking cradle (not easily portable)

3. How many sheets, pads, and changing pad covers would you recommend.

4. I plan on BFing so what should I do about bottles. I want to have some in stock just in case...

5. What do you do for stretch marks and itching? (I know coco butter but wondering if there's anything else)

6. any other suggestions?

Thanks to anyone that responds. I know this is a lot of questions :- /

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: FTM so I have a few questions:

• Options
    imageshineineaiken:

1. do you need 2 Boppys or is 1 sufficient I have a Brest Friend and registered for one Boppy (two covers)

2. Do you need a Rock N Play if you have a rocking cradle (not easily portable) I have no idea what a rock-n-play is... so no help here. :)

3. How many sheets, pads, and changing pad covers would you recommend. I wanted at least 3 sets of sheets and 2 pads and 2 changing pad covers just to be safe.

4. I plan on BFing so what should I do about bottles. I want to have some in stock just in case... I registered for bottles.  I hear Playtex drop ins are great.  I asked for Dr. Brown's, too.

5. What do you do for stretch marks and itching? (I know coco butter but wondering if there's anything else) There's no help for stretch marks, but I use body butter and it helps with the itching.

6. any other suggestions? Not that I can think of!  Good luck!

• Options
    imageshineineaiken:

1. do you need 2 Boppys or is 1 sufficient

One is fine, and it is nice to have two covers

2. Do you need a Rock N Play if you have a rocking cradle (not easily portable)

It is nice to have a PNP to bring LO to friends houses, grandma's, etc. 

3. How many sheets, pads, and changing pad covers would you recommend.

2-3 sheets, 2 mattress pads.  One changing pad cover is fine if you get some rubber sheets to go on top (basically a little changing pad to put under baby's bottom.  Much easier to change/wash). 

4. I plan on BFing so what should I do about bottles. I want to have some in stock just in case...

Definitely get a couple just in case.  It was nice for DH to be able to feed DD.  BUT don't stock up on too many, DD didn't like the bottles we got her and I ended up trying a few brands before we found one she liked. 

5. What do you do for stretch marks and itching? (I know coco butter but wondering if there's anything else)

No clue, didn't deal wit this.  I would just keep moisturized to help with the itching. 

Stay calm and enjoy! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. do you need 2 Boppys or is 1 sufficient - 1 is fine but I recommend the Brest Friend over the Boppy.

2. Do you need a Rock N Play if you have a rocking cradle (not easily portable) - I don't know...I don't have a Rock N Play

3. How many sheets, pads, and changing pad covers would you recommend.- I would get about 3 fitted sheets.  I have one changing pad cover but I HIGHLY recommend picking up a pack of puppy pee pads to use on top of the cover.  Newborn babies like to pee and poop when their diaper is removed, it's not just a boy thing to go pee.  The pee pads came in handy when you need more than two hands and you're all by yourself when there's a puddle under your baby. They are also nice to have when you have to use a changing table in a public restroom.

4. I plan on BFing so what should I do about bottles. I want to have some in stock just in case... Don't get multi packs of the same brand.  By one bottle from several brands and let your baby decide.  BF babies can be picky when trying to switch them over to a bottle.  I had no choice, I was returning back to work and had to get my daughter on a bottle....she was VERY picky.

5. What do you do for stretch marks and itching? (I know coco butter but wondering if there's anything else)  Not much.

• Options
    One bollywood is more than enough, we only used it for tummy time. I did buy "my breast friend" for nursing. last time my son we had a bassinet in our bedroom and cradle in our family room, logistically we need two items, my sister now has our bassinet so I am getting a rock and play.... It depends how close your living environment is and how easy it is to move around.... We have three levels so we have things for each level to make it easier. Bottles I would just get a two pack of one or two brands, some babies are very picky so you may need to figure out which kind your guy or girls likes. Stretch marks I really didn't get many last time and they fade with time, so no recommendation other than the cocoa butter... Maybe pick up a can of the desenitizing butt spray because that is a life saver post partum.... Forgot the name but will post it later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
  • Options
    Sheets I only used two (have three one never made it out of the package), changing pad I had four so I didn't need to wash as frequently..... May need more sheets depending on your LO's digestive system
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
  • Options

1. do you need 2 Boppys or is 1 sufficient  unless you have 2 babies and 2 laps, not sure what you would want 2 boppys for.  would however get an extra cover for when the breast milk goes spraying and baby spits up

2. Do you need a Rock N Play if you have a rocking cradle (not easily portable)  never had a rock n play.  we used a bassinet in the early days, but i just moved it from room to room if needed (no wheels).  we used the swing and bouncey seat a lot.

3. How many sheets, pads, and changing pad covers would you recommend.2 of each.  i also recommend getting an ultimate crib sheet.

4. I plan on BFing so what should I do about bottles. I want to have some in stock just in case...  no multipacks, get 1 of each and once you figure out which works for you and baby then you can go nuts.  fwiw, i thought i would love the playtex drop ins but ended up hating them.  i'm also going to try glass this time around to help with protein build up.

5. What do you do for stretch marks and itching? (I know coco butter but wondering if there's anything else)  very very little.  you can try some vit e oil or pure aloe vera, or even mederma for scars.  but

6. any other suggestions?  take all advice with a grain of salt! what works for others may not work for you and your instinct is always correct

• Options

One boppy is totally fine.

For itching, I'm using Aveeno Overnight cream. I spent a ton on creams and lotions with my first, only to get a full complete set of stretchies.

I had my first without any sheets, pads, changing pad covers, (not sure what a Rock n Play is) or bottles. He slept in a Pack N Play at first, and then with us for the rest of his first year - it just worked out that way for us.

If you're breast feeding, you don't need bottles. I was militant on keeping them out of the house at first. Once you start pumping, get the ones that fit your pump (they probably come with the pump).

Good luck!

• Options
    imageshineineaiken:

1. do you need 2 Boppys or is 1 sufficient  I have 2 boppies. I keep one in the bedroom and one in the living room.  It was an after the thought purchase, we kept leaving it in the wrong room and it was a pain to go fetch.

2. Do you need a Rock N Play if you have a rocking cradle (not easily portable)  We used a co-sleeper

3. How many sheets, pads, and changing pad covers would you recommend. I think 3 of each is plenty, 1 to have on, 1 as back up, and 1 in case you are washing

4. I plan on BFing so what should I do about bottles. I want to have some in stock just in case...  I'm leaning towards the new medela calma bottles. I like their research and that it's similar to breastfeeding

5. What do you do for stretch marks and itching? (I know coco butter but wondering if there's anything else)  I don't worry about them. Someone posted on facebook the other day something about your body isn't ruined, your a tiger who's earned her stripes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"