Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

T&P's for my sister, please!

My 2nd oldest sister is in the hospital following a hysterectomy she had yesterday. 
She's not even 40 yet, and usually they wouldn't give a hysterectomy to a woman that young, but she's been to hell and back with reproductive problems. 

She's suffered with horrible endometriosis all her post-pubescent life, and she's tried literally everything to try and control it.

This was the only option left, and they removed her uterus and both ovaries.
The doctor expects that she'll be in the hospital three more days, assuming there are no complications.

I'm planning to cook them supper one night after she's back home.
I was thinking lasagna, but I'll gladly listen if anybody has suggestions for something else :) 

Anyway, she's pretty much stayed asleep since her surgery, but I can't say I blame her...

Anyway, keep her in your thoughts, please! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: T&P's for my sister, please!

• Options

Our cousin's wife had to have a hysterectomy and was 35.  It's a touch recoop and she is now having to be put on hormones.  She's dealing but the whole thing changed her.

I'd imagine any kind of pushing is going to suck for her for awhile...perhaps something with less cheese and more loosening...just sayin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTobleroneBar:

Our cousin's wife had to have a hysterectomy and was 35.  It's a touch recoop and she is now having to be put on hormones.  She's dealing but the whole thing changed her.

I'd imagine any kind of pushing is going to suck for her for awhile...perhaps something with less cheese and more loosening...just sayin

Oooh, I didn't even think of that! 
    Thanks.
    She'd probably thank you too :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Will be thinking about her!

I know after my CS all I wanted was "light" food, like salad. The fiber helps with toblerones idea too:)

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thinking of your sister and wishing her a quick recovery!  That's very thoughtful of you to prepare a meal for her family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks ladies.

Now I'm thinking of doing some cornbread, chili, and a salad... and maybe something sweet.

• Options
    I hope her recovery goes well. My sister is around the same age and had a hysterectomy last year.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"