Cloth Diapering
Options

RLR?

I've seen people recommend RLR instead of stripping with dawn. Can someone tell me how this works? I need to strip d/t build up and my washing machine is terrible. I've tried to do dawn strips but they really don't work in it. I'm hoping RLR is a decent alternative. Any advice?
Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
The Dandelion Archive
"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: RLR?

• Options
    We used it with great results. I just followed the directions on the package and rinsed till I no longer saw suds. I actually need to order some more. Love it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I used it and it worked great. Either wash or soak the diapers in the rlr - i think the longer the better, then rinse until the suds stop.  I had good luck soaking in a bin in the tub for the afternoon with added boiling water then draining and resoaking in fresh water twice to cut down on the rinses (I have a HE FL so it would have taken a lot).

I found I had to toss the hemp into boiling water for a couple minutes to fully get all the residue out of those for some reason. It really helped with the mineral build up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How often did you add boiling water to the tub?

I just ordered two packets. I really hope this helps. 

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for asking this question. I have three packets, and really no clue how to use it. I've done Dawn strips, but I've heard such rave reviews about RLR. Hope it works for us!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I used a rubbermaid bin and added 2 big soup pots of boiling water to the rlr, swished it, added the diapers then filled to cover the diapers with the hottest water I could get from the tap cause I didn't want to wait for another boil. Then I just let it sit there for a couple hours while I went out.  To rinse I just used hot tap water a couple changes, then did rinses in the washer til the bubbles stopped.

Wear gloves if your going to stick your hands in cause it was really drying. 

If you have pul that needs to go in I wouldn't use boiling water though. I just had inserts and prefolds so they can take some abuse.

They water turned really nasty grey so I knew it was working. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"