VBAC

How do you find a VBAC friendly dr?

KT05KT05 member
My dr took a medical retirement and his replacement is literally just out of school. She's very nice but has no experience and told me i will need a RCS (I had arrested labor). I'm not really comfortable with her, or that response. How do I find a VBAC friendly dr? I can't imagine calling around will do any good since it's so situationally specific. Any tips? Thanks!

Re: How do you find a VBAC friendly dr?

• I contacted a doula and got info from her,as well as asking friends. A friend told me about her sister's vbac and it lined up with the rec I got from the doula.

Also call your hospital L&D and ask who does the most VBACs, it should give you a good idea of who is supportive or not. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check to see if you have a local ICAN chapter.  If you do, you can either go to a meeting or some chapters have email groups.  My local chapter had a yahoo list serve and I joined that and asked for recommendations before ever attending a meeting.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to check your local Bump board, I also checked there and got the same recommendations as I did from our local ICAN chapter.

Good Luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • We don't have a local ICAN chapter, and I didn't want to try dealing with someone in another state, so I did a bunch of googling for birth centers and VBAC friendly/supportive midwives (didn't want an OB), and found a few names and websites.  Then I called around, asked questions of the phone and made a long list of questions to ask the possible providers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"