Special Needs
Options

Any sippy cup recommendations?

DD2 is 14 months and is still fully on bottles. I've taken the valves out, and she still isn't successful. We've tried milk, water, and juice. She's getting evaluated by EI on Monday, they've asked several times about the bottle/sippy issue. She seems to be like a 9 or 10 month old to me (still wakes up for a bottle, just started crawling, just started to really babble), so I guess it's just taking longer. She's been eating more solids this past week or two, but I don't feel comfortable taking away her bottle at 15 months like her pediatrician suggested. DD1 stopped bottles completely at 18 months, but by that time it was just a nighttime bottle and she used a sippy just fine at 12 months. Any great sippy cup reqs for a baby that has delays? Thanks!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Any sippy cup recommendations?

• Options

This is the only sippy cup my dd will take. The level 1 nipple is very similar to a bottle. I have tried the level 2, but no luck yet. Good luck:) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    Hmmm.. The pic did not show up, but it's the nuby sippy cup.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I swear we need to have a sippy cup exchange around here! I have a lot of rejects in my cupboard.

We have had the best luck with the Nuk sippy. At BrU you find it over by the bottles and nipples, not over by all the other sippies.

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options

Ha! We have a bunch of rejects, too. :)

What ended up working were the Avent sippies. That said, DS switched over gradually. He may or may not ;) still get a bedtime bottle, but during the day he is now fully on sippies. He also just started using a straw cup at 27 months.

If your LO has low tone, it just can take a while to develop the muscles to manuever the sippies. With the Avents, we started without the valve disc at first, so little effort was needed. Pretty soon he got tired of being flooded and strong enough to suck through the valve.

It is tough  and frustrating. I felt that the Avents were very simple and straightforward, and you can get them with a soft silicone spout to start out. Also, if a cup does not work now, keep it and try again periodically. You just never know when and which one will click!

Good luck! 

• Options
    i swear by the tilty cup.  my son is not independent but he self weaned from bottles.  these were the only cups he would take.  they do not have valves but different sized lids for learning to drink.  it claims to help to transition to a cup easier.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"