LGBT Parenting
Options

}i{ Healthy Living Check-In }i{

I didn't post this last week b/c I had a crappy week, self-care-wise, and was feeling really down on myself, and somehow decided that not being honest about that or giving anyone else a chance to talk about their great week would make it better. Surprise ending: It did not. Won't happen again! :)

How did your week go? What are you finding works for you right now? What do you need to find a new solution for?

QOTW: It's almost February, so let's talk about spring. What are you looking forward to doing outside once the weather turns sunny and warms up a little?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: }i{ Healthy Living Check-In }i{

• Options

We are eating out a lot with friends since our time here is winding down, and that's my major downfall, nutritionally. I have also had more sweet treats than I should. But overall I'm doing pretty well on total calorie control, and still writing down my food every day. Can't believe I've made it almost a month. My exercise is just totally off right now, I haven't really been doing anything. Last night I devoted the whole evening to packing up the hand-me-down baby clothes and reorganizing our moving stuff and boxes in the living room so I would have room for P90X again, and this morning I woke up with a cold. Boo. Oh well, at least the living room is not driving me nuts anymore.

I'm really looking forward to exploring the outdoor possibilities in Oregon/Washington, and going on regular walks with my mom. I love the trail she walks on and I'm excited about encouraging each other's fitness. I'm also so, so, so looking forward to being able to have my morning coffee or dinner outside in our backyard once it gets warmer - finally a yard!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I'm happy to report that I'm staying strong and committed to WW.  It looks like I should be down about 5lbs for the month.  which is a little disappointing at first blush, but after reminding myself what that number could be if i just keep doing what i'm doing for a few more months, it feels better :)

I cant wait for spring! the longer days will mean more family walks after dinner and i hope to find a good amount of time to dedicate to gardening this year (our yard needs h-e-l-p).  Sprout has also been really into hiking and spending time in the woods so I'll certainly be doing plenty of that (and probably with a toddler strapped to my back!).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not actively doing anything right now but I spoke to J this week about doing a 30 day whole foods challenge starting Feb 1st, she didn't seem as gung ho about it as I am but will go along with it. 

QOTD: The temps were in the 70's yesterday, it was a nice change from the cold, rainy weather we've been having.  I'm looking forward to digging up a garden plot and sowing seeds with the kids, it's always fun to hear their questions about what we will be growing.  I'm also looking forward to J grilling more often (when she is home), grilled asparagus, red peppers, zucchini, pineapple, yum!

• Options

Foodwise I kind of suck.  I had been trying to cut down on caffiene in preparation for IUI, but since Tuesday...

I did follow through on going to the gym on Tuesday, and have my stuff with me to go again tonight.

I need some motivation.  And better alternative habits for dealing with stress. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

I have to get back in a roll on my working out. I had been working out for about 1yr to try and get back to my healthy self and cause we were going to get married this summer. I lost 40Lbs and feel great but since the weather has been so ugly, i been so lazy.

We are looking forward to lots of walks and taking a lot of pics. I got a new camera for x-mas and cant wait to really get some nice pics.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot QOTD!  Honestly it FEELS like spring here.  It has been in the 40's and 50's which is just bizarre.  I like the increased daylight hours though - it insipires me to want to do more with the evenings
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

I started using myfitnesspal on the 16th and am (so far) being very religious about it. I am down a little over 10 pounds (which is a drop in the bucket, unfortunately). I am finding that I can eat very well and still be at or under my calories. I just have to eliminate mindless eating.

Spring--I am excited for longer evenings and taking the kids to the park and/or for walks after work. We have had a pretty mild winter, so I shouldn't complain, but I do like to see the days get longer :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My week went surprisingly well.  I over-ate on the weekend but I tracked everything and kept to my gym schedule and somehow ended up being down a pound and a half, which brings me down 6-7 lbs total -- about half of what I gained in November and December.  Considering I'm on WW maintenance because I don't want to cut calories while I could be cooking a baby, that's pretty good.

What works for me in terms of results is running.  But I don't enjoy it and I know I should change things up (although hey! maybe I'm pregnant and then it's not really the time to plan major exercise changes).  Also, my knees are feeling it lately -- even though I only run on a treadmill and I don't run more than 10 miles a week.  But I truly hate (more than running) every other type of exercise I've tried (except for stuff like kayaking that I can't do regularly).  I want someone to invent some type of exercise that isn't expensive (sorry, pilates), doesn't involve mimicking others movements (no dice, zumba) and doesn't require coordination (tennis? no).  Someone recommended spinning.  I'm thinking about it.

I would like to kayak more when the weather gets warm.  Our friends have kayaks they never use and offered to let us use them as much as we want in exchange for storing them in our basement.  Can I kayak with a pregnant belly?  Will it get in the way?

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have been doing a great job working out every morning and taking a nice lunch time stroll. I have 5 pounds to lose before my IUI in Feb and I'm nervous that I won't be able to make weight :(

My wife is very supportive and keeps reminding me that I am going to make weight and not to stress myself out. So I'm excited about that.

This Spring one of my closest friend's is getting married and I am so excited to go.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"