School-Aged Children

Visiting from 6-9 mo w/ a birthday question

Hi ladies!

My niece is turning 7 in a couple weeks and I'm stumped for gift ideas for her. I can't ask my SIL for ideas b/c that completely backfired at Christmas. SIL said we should all get niece clothes or college money. Fast forward to Christmas Eve when niece was in tears b/c she didn't get any toys.

So, I know she's getting some Barbie stuff and like Hello Kitty. Any other suggestions for what's hot with first graders?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Visiting from 6-9 mo w/ a birthday question

• DD is a year younger but some things she got for Christmas that she loves:

a manicure

jewelry

nailpolish

fun shoes

Barbie car

make your own lip balm kit

chapter books

Polly pockets 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD loves anything crafty- craft stores (or even Target) have great "kits" of fun things to make.  She goes nuts with any of that kind of stuff. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Build-a-bear gift card

Jewelery

Craft kits

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Craft kits were always a hit with my DD when she was that age.  Activity books too.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • There is an aisle at Target, in between the birthday cards and the office supplies, that has kid craft items.  My DD has LOVED everything in that aisle. This messenger bag is an example--I gave it to both my 10 yo niece and my 5 yo DD and they both loved it.  The markers didn't bleed over the lines and they turned out really bright.  It was virtually goof proof and the bags turned out great and are really usable.  It was only $10. 

There are also bracelet kits, paint your own jewelry box kits, etc.  Stuff from this product line always turn out great for us.

Cra-Z-Art My Look Color Your Own Messenger Bag.Opens in a new window

• image4Speedy:

There is an aisle at Target, in between the birthday cards and the office supplies, that has kid craft items.  My DD has LOVED everything in that aisle. This messenger bag is an example--I gave it to both my 10 yo niece and my 5 yo DD and they both loved it.  The markers didn't bleed over the lines and they turned out really bright.  It was virtually goof proof and the bags turned out great and are really usable.  It was only $10. 

There are also bracelet kits, paint your own jewelry box kits, etc.  Stuff from this product line always turn out great for us.

Cra-Z-Art My Look Color Your Own Messenger Bag.Opens in a new window

My girls love the Target aisle.  My middle DD (7) got this for Christmas and absolutely loved it!!  

Any craft kit would be a hit.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"