VBAC
Options

Board stuff--birth stories etc.

Hey everyone!

After our discussion last week or so about having sticky posts, I talked to the bump gods and they set me up as the moderator of this board.  So hopefully that means we should be able to sticky posts now.  I was thinking we could make a list of birth stories (both VBAC and RCS) that we have had on this board.  Maybe also a list of resources.

Thoughts/comments/whatever? 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Board stuff--birth stories etc.

• Options

Sounds great!  Let me know where I should post the birth story for you to get in there:-)

Also, we should have a sticky with a list of questions to ask your provider, since that is asked a lot.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    imageMAprincess:

Sounds great!  Let me know where I should post the birth story for you to get in there:-)

Also, we should have a sticky with a list of questions to ask your provider, since that is asked a lot.

Ditto. I think it is a great idea!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Abigail (6.2010) and Evelyn (9.2011)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds good, I agree we may want a sticky of questions to ask OBs/Midwives and a thread of resources as well as the Birth story threads.

Do we want something in the resources thread about how to find a supportive provider (calling the hospital L&D, talking to doulas, ICan chapter etc.) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Nice! The VBAC board is all sorts of fancy now, what with a moderator on here, hee hee.

I think a list of links to the NIH consensus from 2010, Childbirth Connection, all the links w general info about VBAC would be good. I also like the "questions to ask a provider" idea.

Wasn't there a good post awhile back about how to know if your provider really is VBAC friendly?

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    yay this will be an awesome resource for the board! I think success and failed VBAC birth stories as well as resources, education, and stat type stuff would be very useful!
  • Options
    I think that is awesome. I don't know if it is allowed but it would be great to make a few of the articles on the risk of Uterine Rupture sticky as well as some of the studies that compare outcomes in out of hosptial birth scenarios. I don't know if this reflects too much bias? I just have found a ton of great articles on this board that would be helpful for someone coming here for the first time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea!!!!
  • Options

Great idea and thanks for heading this up!  You'll be a wonderful mod for this board Yes

Maybe you could start a thread for birth stories and ladies could either c&p their stories or c&p the bump link to their birth story post.

Same for the resource list.  

What can we do to help?? 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    Awesome!  More than happy to contribute.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Yes

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Yay!
    Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

OK I will get something figured out and let you guys know how to help.

And thanks to kerrbear for helping out with the mod stuff :) 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"