Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Miss Being Pregnant?

I just gave birth 6 wks ago and I still have depression issues but at my check up today my doc says that I don't have PPD that its just the baby blues. Everything I read says the baby blues pass in 10 days so why do I still feel this way? I love my son very much I just have an overwhelming sadness thinking about how I'm not pregnant any more. I'm sad about this and I cry when I think about it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Miss Being Pregnant?

• Options

Hang in there!

I didn't feel like myself for probably 8 weeks or so. The first couple months are HARD! You are definitely not alone.

I also remember missing being pregnant. Don't worry, you are totally normal, and things will start to get more and more rewarding.

If you are really feeling overwhelmed, I would absolutely talk to your Dr. about it. It's something that they help patients out with all the time. GL! 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was glad not to be pregnant anymore, but I was so sick and in pain that I really didn't enjoy being pregnant.  I agree with PP that 8 weeks post pregnancy seemed to be the magic time for feeling normal again (for both of my pregnancies). 

If your feelings don't change soon I would talk to your doctor again or get a second opinion. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"