Military Families
Options

Flying & SATO??

Does anyone have experience flying after getting a ticket through the SATO office? We're PCSing and I'm almost 6 months pregnant so my doctor wants me to fly rather than drive cross-country.  I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks and got a weird email about paperwork and they're saying that the ticket won't be paid for until 2-3 days before the flight.  That makes me VERY nervous.... anyone been through this?

Thanks! 

Re: Flying & SATO??

• Options
    I thought that SATO was just a travel agency.  Wouldn't you still be responsible for your own ticket being paid? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagechloebeth930:
    I thought that SATO was just a travel agency.  Wouldn't you still be responsible for your own ticket being paid? 

I think if it is PCS orders, it's covered by the military in which case I've had them pay for it (or even make changes) a few days prior. But you can go to SATO for cheaper leisure travel and in that case, you'd have to pay out of pocket.

Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
    DSC_0803
    DH deployed since July 22
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It does usually depend if it is official travel of not. SATO does have an official and leisure flight option. Usually the flights for PCS'ing is only covered when going OCONUS. You may be able to talk to your doctors and have them file an EFMP (exceptional family member report) and this would state that you did need to fly into the new duty station. I believe an amendment would have to be made to your husbands order then. Although this I'm not sure about. I just know the process we had to go through when PCS'ing to Germany. Good luck to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"