July 2012 Moms

Phantom Odor!

This may sound bizarre, but I keep smelling maple syrup everywhere.  Outside, in the car, in the house, at the store...I'll just get a quick whiff and then it's gone.  We don't eat maple syrup, we haven't had any in our house since we've moved here.  It's not my soaps/lotions/detergents, and I'm definitely not craving it.  Anyone else smell things that aren't there?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Phantom Odor!

• I don't...but at least it's a nice smell, right? :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No..I haven't experienced that.
  • Loading the player...
  • THAT IS SO STRANGE!  I totally had the exact same thing with my last pregnancy.  Syrup everywhere!  And I ended up having to eat it.  Once I got a whif I had to find some french toast or something.  How odd!  Good to know I'm not a total wacko!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No, I have not smelt a strange odor.  But lately every time I eat an avocado, I taste peanut butter.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJessie_dc22:

THAT IS SO STRANGE!  I totally had the exact same thing with my last pregnancy.  Syrup everywhere!  And I ended up having to eat it.  Once I got a whif I had to find some french toast or something.  How odd!  Good to know I'm not a total wacko!

This made me lol :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageoncoRN:
    imageJessie_dc22:

THAT IS SO STRANGE!  I totally had the exact same thing with my last pregnancy.  Syrup everywhere!  And I ended up having to eat it.  Once I got a whif I had to find some french toast or something.  How odd!  Good to know I'm not a total wacko!

This made me lol :)

Me too!  Jessie, we can be wackos together! Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I smell everything super strongly right now - like I am part blood hound.  Sometimes they are phantom (guacamole in my classroom today) and sometimes just really too mild for others to detect.  I am also hypersensitive to high pitched sounds - they drive me crazy, and most other people can't hear them.   Maybe I am having a puppy!
  • I'd much rather smell syrup, than the phantom garbage smell that I've been having! Ever since I got pregnant, I've felt that my kitchen smells like garbage. No matter how pristinely clean it is. 
  • I've smelled perfume lately that isn't there. I thought it was a ghost :)  Guess its just a normal thing. That would be horrible to smell garbage! Sorry to hear that. I would try a dryer sheet in the bottom of your trash can.
  • Did the smell go away after the pregnancy??! I am smelling maple syrup too! But the weird thing with mine, it's only in our bedroom. I've searched, none of the candle smell anything like it. There are no crazy old plates of pancakes hiding under the bed. I can't figure out why?
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • OP do you take fenugreek for your supply?  That could easily be what it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"