Nurseries and Baby Gear

Do I need a matching car seat/stroller?

I am a clueless FTM.  When shopping for a stroller, do you think I should shop for a car seat that snaps into the stroller? I like the Graco Snug Ride 35 car seat, but this limits the strollers that fit with it. I really want a jogger stroller.  This option at target (the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger) has both, but I'm not sure if I should just get the snug ride car seat and a totally separate  brand for a jogger stroller.  Any feedback?

https://www.target.com/p/Baby-Trend-Expedition-Jogger-Travel-System-Green-Tea/-/A-12919611?reco=Rec|pdp|12919611|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency&lnk=Rec|pdp|12919611|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

Re: Do I need a matching car seat/stroller?

• Do you need one?  No.  After hearing so much negative feedback about travel systems, and wanting a lightweight, good quality stroller that I can easily throw in the back of my tall SUV, we decided not to get a set like that.  We purchased a City Mini (which I love so much, I push it around my house all the time), and will be purchasing a Chicco Keyfit 30 and Snap-n-go for when she's little.

ETA:  The Snugride 35 will fit almost any stroller.  Some will need adapter bars, but it is one of the most universal carseats out there. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Most of the joggers have attachments for infant seats, but i dont think you arent supposed to jog with the infant seat attached. I feel like the Graco's are much more universal than the Chicco (I have a Chicco)

I would find the stroller you like and think you'll get the most use out of.  Then get the infant seat you like the best.  If for some reason your jogger and infant seat dont mesh, you could just get a Snap N Go for while the baby is still in the infant seat.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I did different brands- but wanted them to coordinate in look- I did a Graco Snugride Platinum car seat- LOVED it- and the black City Mini.
  • Baby Jogger City Select has an adapter that works with the Graco Snug Ride another infant carriers.  It's $89.99 in Canada, presumably cheaper if you are in the states.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got a Chicco car seat (loved it) and the Baby Jogger City Mini stroller. They aren't the same fabrics but they coordinated. I went with the red/grey stroller and the car eat was mostly grey (Cubes pattern from BRU) and I liked the look of them together. That said...we only used the combo for 4 months before we retired our infant seat because LO is so big. I would make sure the stroller is in a color/design you like because you will likely be using it for much longer than your infant seat. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I decided against a travel system as well.  I really wanted a BOB jogger and I use that as my one and only stroller.  I have the Graco Snugride 35 and purchased the adapter bar to be able to use the 2 together.  

I love the smoothness and ease of maneuverability that the jogger gives me.  I have used my friend's stroller (that was part of a travel system), and while it wasn't horrible, it was definitely more annoying to get around.  I don't regret not having a traditional stroller. 

• No, they don't need to match.  We have the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat in Cubes (a dark grey) & the Chicco Cortina stroller in a tan/blue color combo.  But, I very rarely snapped the car seat into the stroller so it really didn't matter to me that they didn't match.
    Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • We're going with the Graco Snugride 30 and a Bumbleride Indie. Also, my sister has that Graco snap frame which is way better than lugging a big travel system around.
  • imagescuba2011:
    I got a Chicco car seat (loved it) and the Baby Jogger City Mini stroller. They aren't the same fabrics but they coordinated. I went with the red/grey stroller and the car eat was mostly grey (Cubes pattern from BRU) and I liked the look of them together. That said...we only used the combo for 4 months before we retired our infant seat because LO is so big. I would make sure the stroller is in a color/design you like because you will likely be using it for much longer than your infant seat. 

We had the same infant seat & the city mini in green/grey and loved both.  We switched DD to a convertible seat around 5 months so definitely pick a stroller you love & will be happy using for much longer. 

And like another pp said, the matching travel systems are big & bulky.  So many people I know wish they hadn't gotten them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"