May 2012 Moms

Opinions on all 3 initials the same?

DH and I are butting heads on the name issue big time! Our last name begins with C, and I really love the first name Camilla, AND I'd really like to honor my late grandmother by having one of DD's names be hers, Catherine. But...I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of having her initials be CCC! Think this is gauche or manageable? Really love the name MacKenzie as well but DH is adamant that this kid not get 2 MNs, for some reason. Thus, what we have so far is Camilla Catherine (also my MN) C. Planning on calling her Milla for short. :) Thoughts on the initials?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Opinions on all 3 initials the same?

• My initials are CCC and... to be honest I LOVE IT!! :) Let me tell you, it makes life easier in some cases. For example, I had people signing me in on the roster for class attendance last semester (b/c of morning sickness). Instead of signing my whole name, I would just initial CCC in cursive and anyone and everyone could duplicate it for me. That's my personal perk but I use my initials at work for logging into the system and everyone knows who CCC is! Other than that, I am kinda sad about taking FI's last name because I don't want to lose my 3cs :)Totally up to you though of course :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh and another perk is that people always ask what my middle name is because of it :) So we end up in this discussion about the history of my first and middle name.
  • Loading the player...
  • I worked with a man whose initials were DDD. It's a little weird, but I do like the significance of your name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My initials are MMM and I do get some weird comments about it. It's not a huge big deal, but it does prompt me to roll my eyes every now and again.
  • look at my nest name! I am/was MEL, my husband is RRR. His dad is also RRR (same first name, but different middle names, and my RRR goes by his middle name). We won't be doing it again if we have a boy, but not because we don't like it. We just don't feel a need to continue it. 
  • Would using Katherine instead of Catherine be an option?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As long as it's not KKK (which is what my friend ended up with after getting married) I don't see a problem with it. I think CCC is kinda cute :)
  • Everyone in my immediate family has the initials JJJ.  I always thought it was fun.
  • Camilla is beautiful! Never would have thought of it. Love the name - initials are not that big of a deal to me and I think it's kind of cute. How many things will you use all your initials for in life? Not many. It's unique! My initials (before getting married) were DAD. It was my grandfather's name, then my father's name (he was a junior) and then I was a girl, so they named me with the same initials. It's kind of sad that it stops with me! I got teased for my initials when I was kid, but nothing mean - and people only knew because my mom got me a monogrammed LL Bean backpack with DAD on it haha. Everyone asked if it was my Dad's backpack. That was really the extent of it. I loved them, otherwise :-)
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would say as long as it's not KKK it is fine. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagebridekimmie:
    I would say as long as it's not KKK it is fine. 

this 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesulilina:
    Oh and another perk is that people always ask what my middle name is because of it :) So we end up in this discussion about the history of my first and middle name.

^This. My initials are SSS. No one has ever made fun of me for it, and people almost always ask my middle name. I also love web I have to initial something. I just write a single S with three dots top to bottom.

• Camilla is a beautiful name! I also love Catherine, or Katherine or Kate (which ever way you go).

I normally don't love fn, mn and ln all being the same initials but as long as songy and too flowy I think you will be fine. 

• I think it's REALLY cute. DH initials are LL (well that's only two same letters but still alliterative). People remember his name a lot more and he gets complimented on it. I really love Camilla Catherine! Beautiful name!
  • I see nothing wrong with it! You're better off than I would be if we were having a girl! lol  I desperately love the name Kennedy Katherine but our last name also starts with a K. No good lol I say if you like the name, don't worry about intials being the same (unless they would be KKK lol). It adds character (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"