Texas Babies
Options

Infant CPR and First Aid

We are expecting our first on 2/18, and everything I've been reading about SIDS is freaking me out. Our hospital offers an infant CPR first aid class, but the next classes are scheduled on our due date and in April when we will be out of town for a wedding. 

Do you recommend taking a class or am I overreacting? If so, which class do you suggest (Red Cross)?

Re: Infant CPR and First Aid

• Options
    We did not take Infant CPR but if it will put you at ease, you should take it.  It never hurts to be prepared.  I think Methodist Hospital offers that class even if you are not delivering there, but it is not free unless you are delivering there.  I took a different class at the Red Cross and it was fine.  You can sign up and pay online.  Hope this helps.
  • Options

Harper's Embrace offers free CPR classes and will even schedule a class with you if you have a group of 5 (not sure) or more.   The only thing is that it can't hold classes in private homes.   Here's the website https://harpersembrace.org/.   I'm going to one of the classes held through my MOPS group next week.  It's all levels of CPR for infant to adult.

If you want classes I would definitely look into taking them.   I'm actually going to ask my sitter to go to the class with me next week and offer to pay her to do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"