January 2011 Moms
Options

Who's planning a bday party?

Hey Ladies,

I'm just starting to put together plans for DS's 1st bday party. It seems unimaginable that a year has flown by already.  What all are you guys planning for 1st birthdays?

We'll have about 30 people at our house for cake and presents, nothing major. I don't know if I'll really do a "theme" or just pick some coordinating colors and roll with it.

How are you celebrating LO's bday?

Re: Who's planning a bday party?

• Options

Same. Expecting 30-50 ppl, a chilli bar, cake and ice cream, etc.  I have been working my butt off on a slide show that I will put on the tv too. I can't wait!!

No theme for me this year. I was going to do cat in the hat, but ended up going a cheaper route.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We're doing super small- 12 people. Just our parents and siblings, and some of the great-grandparents.

It's going to be a vintage baseball theme =) I am so excited.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Uggh I don't want to think about it yet!

I've invited only family so it will be less than 30 people at our house.  I think I'm just going to order some pizza and do chips/snacks with that.  I'm making the smash cake and cupcakes.  I saw some cute ideas to color the cake batter and just use sprinkles to decorate the cupcakes.  No theme here either.

• Options

We are having about 50 people so I am having it at a restaurant - no way they could fit in my house!

I bought the 1st Birthday Sesame Street theme stuff from Party City (blow horns, goodie bags, balloon weights, sunglasses or something like that, confetti for tables, etc.).

I'm making a giant cupcake for the smash cake and making regular cupcakes for everyone else (huge cut back here I thought).

For favors I'm making goodie bags and putting a smash cake wallet-sized pic of JT in it (hopefully, we get them done on Wednesday). 

• Options
    We are going to have about 25 people at our house.  I think we are going to order pizza and do some snacks.  We will have a sock monkey theme.  Favors are going to be sock monkey colored candy (root beer barrels, snow caps, swedish fish) and a "1 year" wallet of LO. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

chili bar, Lamb themed... I'm making Lamb-style cupcakes, making white fluffy pom poms for decorations, etc.  I may set up a photo booth thing where people can take their pics with Lamb if they want, too, and I'm getting all 52 weeks of Lamb + Joaquin pics to hang.

The one thing I haven't decided yet is whether to have it at our house or MIL's.  Our house would accommodate the number of people we're expecting, but I think both BIL & FIL plan on attending.  Our house is an open floor plan so unless one of them camps out in the bathroom or Joaquin's bedroom they kind of have to interact, and there is serious animosity there.  I'd much rather have it at our house, though.  We'll see.

• Options

I originally thought we were doing a small family thing. I was wrong. Apparently we're now doing a big party with about 40+ people. No idea where we're supposed to fit all these people, but there it is.

As far as theme, the only thing I have been able to come up with is a cupcake theme.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Great ideas! I am wanting to do a winter penguin theme..and was getting great ideas. EXCEPT- I have NO WHERE to have the party. We live in an apartment so it's too small for friends, and it will probably be too cold for a Park, although we are in Texas...and she is too young to rent some kids place. I have no idea what to do and I only have 2.5 weeks!! My Parents live 45 minutes away, but that's too far to ask friends to drive in my opinion..so guess we will be stuck having a small party with my parents...??

ANY helpful ideas or anyone in kind of the same boat?

• Options
    Our house is pretty small, but we plan on cramming everyone in.  I think it should be fine with some creative furniture arranging.  And, it's only for a couple of hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagetexasgirl26th:

Great ideas! I am wanting to do a winter penguin theme..and was getting great ideas. EXCEPT- I have NO WHERE to have the party. We live in an apartment so it's too small for friends, and it will probably be too cold for a Park, although we are in Texas...and she is too young to rent some kids place. I have no idea what to do and I only have 2.5 weeks!! My Parents live 45 minutes away, but that's too far to ask friends to drive in my opinion..so guess we will be stuck having a small party with my parents...??

ANY helpful ideas or anyone in kind of the same boat?

I was in the same boat for a bridal shower once. Is your apartment in a complex that has a clubhouse?

If not, start calling. I once found a random condo complex that would rent out their clubhouse to me for cheap (4 hours total for less than $100.)  I couldn't have found a better place. It had a kitchenette and was beautifully decorated.

Good luck!

• Options
    Thanks Shortstax, I will look into that! Other wise I think we will just have to do 2 small family parties which will be fine and just have to do in our situation..maybe next year we can go big!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"